Monday, August 8, 2022

Scrap And Me Guest Designer

I am honored to be a Guest Designer for Scrap and Me. It has been such a pleasure working with their gorgeous papers. Today I am using the beautiful Spring Purple paper collection. And it is special to me, because purple is my favorite color. I also chose a special photograph of my grand daughter and my sisters grand sons. They are all about the same age. Cousins are the best. Grandchildren are very special!! I chose to use a meaningful quote about children. We love them so much. 

For the background paper, I used Spring Purple 02. I wanted to focus on the fussy cut flowers and leaves, so I chose a paper that did not have any design print on it. The paper itself is beautiful. A watercolor design that I love so much. 


From top to bottom, I created a strip using lace, cheese cloth, and jute. I attached the jute using tiny staples, then adhered the strip to the background paper offset to the side. I fluffed out the cheese cloth to distress it a little. 

.I created the sentiment in Photoshop by choosing the quote, creating the page in Photoshop, and  printed it on parchment cardstock. I cut it into strips, inked the edges and adhered it to down the strip above and below the photo. I backed each strip with chipboard to give it some dimension. 

I fussy cut the flowers from the Spring Purple Cutout Sheet, the leaves were cut from the Leaves 09 Cut

Out sheet, and the butterflies from the Butterflies Cut Out Sheet. I sat and fussy cut them all, then chose the ones that fir my design. I added a few purple flowers from my stash. Once the layout was finished, I used some distress ink and white gesso for the splatters around the design. That added the finishing touch. 


Thank you for joining me. I hope that you are inspired to create your own project using Spring Purple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!