Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dressed up Hydrangeas


I love the packages of Prima hydrangeas we got in a couple of our Swirlydoo kits...The little flower is so beautiful..Well it got me thinking..Can they get any cuter!!?? Well I started fooling around with the flowers while I was doing Manda's challenge LO...And this is what I came up with.

Paint the whole flower with Rock Candy Stickles...Then while the flower is still wet, just dip the very edges into Martha Stewarts micro beads...Now you have these beautiful little gems...And on my next day off (Wednesday..poo) I am going to go buy some of those great sugar crystals!! Some of the new Prima flowers comes with this already on them...They sparkle so beautifully. But I love the micro beads. The package I bought has so many yummy colors!!. I will create a tutorial with a variety of styles. Now go forth and stickle and dip!!

7 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous...I have never heard of micro beads before...but they do dress these flowers beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....those are beautiful!! I didn't know MS had those cute tiny beads.

    I luv the crystals on the new prima roses too!!

    luv those flowers, and thanks to you I have my stickles.

    hmmmmmm...now I need those tiny beads:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic! Now i want micro beads! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Lisa!! they look so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this! Thanks so much for sharing! I just did this on my daughter's book. They look fantastic. I gave you a shout out on my blog. ;o)
    Happy St. Patty's Day, Lisa!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I came across your blog through Creative Scrappers. I love this idea and am going to try it. Your Prima flowers are gorgeous too! All of your stuff is. You do such beautiful layouts! I'll be sure to visit again often :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!