Monday, April 5, 2010

SHEER BLOOMS

I am always inspired to create more flowers. In one of our last Swirlydoos kits, we received these beautiful Prima blooms...Oh yea, I thought to myself...I could do these!!! So here I give you, my version of Prima's MADRIGAL BLOSSOMS...



~~~Sheer Bloom Supply List~~~

Sheer Organza Fabric or fabric of your choice
Scissors
needle and thread (I strand 2 threads together for strength)
buttons, pearls, sequins, brads, ect...




Step 1

Cut 5 3x3 squares of fabric



Step 2

Fold the square in half wrong sides together (right side out) to form a triangle shape. Starting on one end of the triangle sew a running stitch from one point to the opposite point on the open sides of the triangle as shown.



Step 3

Now gather your fabric triangle into a petal shape by pulling the thread through



Step 4

With your square of fabric, repeat step 2 and three on the same thread.



Step 5

Gather your thread once again next to the last petal you just formed...Repeat until you have all 5 petals on the thread.



Step 6

Your string of petals should look like this.



Step 7

Now gather your petals tightly and attach the last petal to the first petal to form the flower by sewing them together..on the backside, which ever you choose to be the back side, make a few stitches to secure. Knot your thread and clip the thread.



Step 8

Now you are ready to sew or glue on your center. In this photo, I sewed on some pearls with stamen. In the title photo, I sewed on some pretty buttons. Get creative with your centers and show me what you can do!!



I have been creating baby headbands for my newborn shoots. The model in the photo is Gianna...She is my daughter Gabrielles very first doll, Gianna. She is almost 19 years old, a little dirty and worn, but still intact, and sits at the bottom of her bedroom closet. Her name was "baby" until Gabbie was old enough to give her a proper name...Dont know where Gianna came from, but we still call that dolly Gianna to this day...I often made them matching outfits because that doll never left her side... That doll is a precious memory for my daughter...



8 comments:

  1. Those are just lovely! Thank you for showing us the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this technique..must go get some fabric today. Tho I'm sure mine will not be as pretty..gorgeous flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought some white organza tonight and started playing. I'll post a picture for the swirlygirls.

    Thanks for the great tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers!!!! I love them!!! Thank you so much for the tutorial!!

    What a sweet story about you daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW!!! Gorgeous!! So pretty I'm afraid to try!!

    LOL...I still have my baby too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I have tried this! This is my first go at it..not as gorgeous as yours,but I'm working on it!! Love to sit and just make these..too fun!!

    http://vintagescrappin.blogspot.com/ if you want to see :) TFS Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful Blooms I love the pic of your Daughter and Gabbie So precious

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wondered how this shape of petal was made...now I know! Can't wait to create enough of these to embellish a mini album! Thanks you so much for taking the time to make this set of photo instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!