Friday, December 10, 2010

Fairy Cosmos Flower

This month at Swirlydoos there were 2 Spotlight Kits. One was the beautiful Blossomwood Dreams that I put together, and the other gorgeous kit has all of the Fairy Flora papers from Prima and a ton of beautiful embellies. The paper is so beautiful that it inspired me to do another flower tutorial. Visiting my parents last weekend was so much fun as I got together with my brothers and the families. But the real fun was when I dragged them to AC MOORE..A store that I do not have where I live. I printed out 10 40% off coupons, handed one coupon and money to each of my family members, and one after another we went through the line to make our purchases!!! 6 of us...Me, my husband, my dad, my mom, my brother and future sister in law...I saved a whole lot!!! And they all thought I was nuts!! But I did get some awesome punches for more flower making. So here is the first of many that are Swirlydooing in my head!! I call this one "Fairy Cosmos Flower".

***Product List***
McGill Punch Floriano or a 5 petal flower punch
McGill Starburst punch
McGill Sun Punch
Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die
Quick dry glue
Glimmer Mist or water mister bottle
Ink
small skewer or thin handles paintbrush
scissors
Cardstock for flower
Cardstock for stamen


Punch out 2 flower pieces. I also punched 2 larger flowers using my Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers punch as I will show a larger flower as well.
Punch out 4 stars and 2 starburst.


Ink each flower and snip the smaller flowers between the petals, but not to the center.
Mist the flowers with Glimmer mist for sparkle or just plain water. Do not soak, just a fine spray to dampen.
Slightly wrinkle each petal and using the thin handle of a paint brush or skewer, curl back parts of the tips of the petals randomly. Air dry or use a heat gun.
Glue both small flowers and large flower layers together staggering petals.

Glue the starburst punch stamen together staggering the pieces. Using the thin handled paintbrush or skewer, scrunch the sun punched pieces around the handle to form tight cup shaped pieces. Cut the bottom from one of star shaped punches,

Stack and glue the cupped sun punches onto one another, and the piece you cut the bottom off of, glue in the middle. Glue the cluster onto the starburst piece. Scrunch the middle slightly to ruffle the pieces.
Stack and glue the smaller flower over the larger one and top with your stamen cluster.

Here is a cluster with the large flower and 2 smaller flowers. Ready to be placed on a LO.
I hope you enjoy making these. I would love to see them when you are done. Link it to your post.


15 comments:

  1. love those, Lisa! You flower making
    queen!! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome tutorial... they're beautiful!! Thanks Lisa!! :) hugs... Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great tuturial Lisa ...ty so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love those Lisa!! I've got to get a sunburst punch..dont' have one..but I will try these as soon as I do!! Love all ur flower tutorials..keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, thanks for the quick tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriosuly half my tutorials that are my faves, are from you! I love ur flowers! These are gorgeous!!! I will have to try it out. I'll be sure to link back to you=) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a million, flower queen!
    Here is my take
    http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/412797/view/3032929/-1/1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done again!!! Absolutely gorgeous flowers, thanks for the turorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous LO!! Love your flowers, they're stunning!! Gotta get these punches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! love this! Amazing what you can do! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this tutorial!
    Here's my lo, using your tut for my flowers:
    http://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.com/2011/12/big-smiles-lo.html
    TFL

    ReplyDelete
  12. superbes fleurs et merci pour ce tuto

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!