Thursday, April 14, 2011

Purple Passion Flower Tutorial





PRODUCT LIST
Card Stock in cream or white
Glimmer Mist or your favorite Color spray
Chalk ink (not shown in picture)
Adhesive (glue) Tim Holtz Tattered floral Die
McGill Sun Punch
Craft Dryer
Nonstick craft mat

Step 1.
Die cut 2 of the spindley flowers from the Tattered Florals die for each flower you make.


Step 2.
Working on a non stick craft mat, spray both sides of your flowers with your favorite color mist. I used Glimmer Mist for this tutorial.

Step 3.
Move the flowers around in the Glimmer Mist very gently as these die cuts are delicate when wet. Make sure the color is saturated throughout the card stock.

Step 4.
Using a craft dryer, dry them until they are 90% dry. Leave ever so damp, just enough to wrinkle the petals up a bit by pinching the individual petals until they are distressed. Then hit with the craft dryer one more time to completely dry. Or air dry.

Step 5.
Using your choice of craft adhesive, stack one flower onto the other staggering the petals.

Step 6.
Punch out 5 sun shapes. I used a patterned paper. You could use card stock and mist it whatever color you want.

Step 7.
Using the thin handle of a paint brush, cup 4 of the sun shapes around the end of the brush handle and form tight cup shapes. Leave one sun shape flat.

Step 8.
Stack the cupped shaped suns one into another to form a cluster. then place the cluster onto the flat piece.

Your finished flowers..They reminded me of the passion flowers in my mothers garden. The color is brilliant. For these flowers I used Glimmer Mist in Trunk Bay and Puerto Rico. I touched them up with Colorbox Chalk Ink in Wisteria.



24 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you so much for the tutorial.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fnatastic work!...thanks for sharing!

    Greetings from Spain

    Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning flowers.
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers! Love all your flower tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning flowers, thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these flowers, they're beautiful!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are gorgeous and you know I am going to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers and great tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, these flowers are fabulous!!! Absolutely love them, thanks for the step by step instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I am going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, the queen of flowers did it again! I am going to get the die cuts today so I can make these fabulous flowers. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and being such a kind and generous person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous flowers!! Thanks for the tutorial!! I do have a question....what size is the sun shape punch? I have a small one, but in the pic, yours looks more like a medium size.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh girl you're the queen when it comes to this!! LOVE this one! I just have to get that sun punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so wonderful!! I really need to invest in more flower dies and punches!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just amaze me with your talent, these are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! How do you come up with these? Thanks for always, sharing. ;O)
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful flowers! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa you are a true flower artist! How the heck do you keep coming up with all these gorgweous ideas?????

    ReplyDelete
  20. These flowers are beautiful and so life like. We are making flowers for all the mothers at our church for Mother's Day, and I think I may borrow this idea for them. Now where can I get that punch? That is probably the only punch I don't have! I hope you win! You are a winner in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Passion Flowers. You may well have increase sales for the punch that makes the flower centres!!! Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Your version of using that die!! and idea with making center of flower with sun:) smart and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for this beautiful tutorial.. these are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!