Friday, October 8, 2010

Swirly Sweetheart Daisy



I have gotten a lot of feedback for the previous flower tutorial I did, and the biggest question is "What if I don't have that punch"?. Well here is another version, closer to the Prima Eliza flower. I just used my scallop circle punch and cut between the scallops for the large flower and my medium Retro punch to make the rose flower middles. So many possibilities for these flowers. You could use anything for the centers. Bottons would be cute, and you could use the tiny roses if you didn't want to make your own.

Product list

*Scallop Circle punch. 2 inch is a good size
*Medium Retro Flower punch
*Tulip Puffy Paint
*Heat gun
*tweezers (long handle) optional
*Thin handle paint brush or skewer
*ink pad (coordinate color with card stock color used for
flower center)
*Cardstock in 2 colors, one light for flower, the other your
choice color for flower center color.
*adhesive of your choice
*Spray bottle with water (mini misters are wonderful)



Punch 2 scalloped circles.



Using your ink, soflty rub some onto the center of each flower (you may want to use an ink blender, I used the Tim Holtz foam one)

Using scissors cut between each scallop as shown, be careful not to cut to deeply towards the middle.

Very lightly mist your flowers with water and curl them around the end of your paintbrush handle to distress them . You can speed dry them with your heat gun or let them air dry.



Open up the 2 flowers. Set aside.



With your small flower punch, punch out 5 flowers.



Using the thin end of your paint brush or skewer, curl the petals of 2 of the blooms from the side of the petal inwards. Curl the other 3 blooms from the tips of the petals inward.



Place a small amount of glue at the base of each side curled petal and shape then onto each other to get a tight bud as shown. The glue will help the bud stay closed.
Place that closed bud onto the other side curled bloom and fold it onto the closed bud. This is your closed center.







Place glue at the base and the middles of the remaining blooms and place the center bud in the middle of the blooms remembering to stagger the petals. Hold in place for a minute if you are using quick dry glue.





Glue the 2 layers together staggering petals then add the rose to the middle.



Apply the Tulip Puffy paint to the tips of the petals as shown.

When the paint is dry, using constant motion, heat the paint and watch it puff up. Be careful not to burn either the paint or paper.




I had a lot of feed back from my last tutorial.
Here are some variations of the flower. I used the same center as in the previous flower tutorial. Mix and match...You can also lightly ink the edges of the petals.



27 comments:

  1. thank you for the tutorial
    Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, and thanks for the pics! I think I have both those punches, will go and check my stash now, LOL! Your flowers are gorgoeus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are stunningly beautiful! gotta get my punches out and use them! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa..you never cease to amaze me. U know ur my Scrappy Hero right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Takl about flower making goddess, jeez louise. All these flowers ar gorgeous! BTW just ordered that Floriano punch to make the previous flower tutorial=) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh these are beautiful too.. thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas on making flowers.. they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! beautiful!
    thank's for tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Бесподобно!!!!!!!! Спасибо!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I have been trying to figure out how Prima made their rose centers...and you showed me exactly!!! I love it!

    Tonight, I tried your ribbon rosebud and last night we made the flower with the puffy paint! You are so creative and talented! I couldn't get my rosebud to turn out half as good as yours, but I'll use them!

    Thank you so much for sharing your tutorials and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flower tutorial's! I'll have to get puffy paint, looks cool. Thanks for always sharing! ;o)
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  11. These flowers are just beautiful, I'm going to have to pull out my punches and get that Cricut turned on and try some of your tutorials. Thank you for the great instructions and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome tutorial...such beautiful buds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the great tutorials. Your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial with us. Is amazing!
    Hugs,
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you so much for the tutorial! It's fantastic! Your flowers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just blown away by how beautiful these are. Thanks for sharing your know how and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Guess Liquid applique would work too.
    Your flowers look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are awesome! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Wow, Wow!! These are on my to try list - what an amazingly beautiful embellishment! Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing. I used your tutorial to make this card http://mymemoryverses.blogspot.com/2012/08/happy-tuesday.html.
    I hope I did a good job! Please leave a comment if you like it. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for all those wonderful tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many possibilities for these flowers. You could use anything for the centers. Bottons would be cute, and you could use the tiny roses if you didn't want to make your own. e cigarette for sale

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!