Thursday, May 13, 2010

EXCLUSIVE SWIRLYDOOS WINTER CHA MAKE N TAKE



I did this flower tutorial back in January for Swirlydoos. I have had requests for it on my blog.OK...Since we couldnt go to CHA, and we missed out on all the fun of make n takes..I devised my own version just for us...I cant provide you with the materials, but I can provide you with instructions and a beautiful leaf pattern to down load The flower was inspired by Ilina Crouse who is a creative stamper, cardmaker and scrapbooker. I just added the leaves, which you could just use alone as an embellishment. I used them a lot in my February LO's. So here it is...What do you think!! I love my paper crimper!!


1. 12 x 12 paper..Thinner is best, cardstock is hard to work with for this project
2. 2 inch circle punch (or cut out yourself)
3. 1 sheet of cardstock
4. Decorative edge punch or Deco scissors
5. Paper crimper
6. Double sided tape (I use my ATG gun) Tape runner
7. Flower centers of your choice




Step 1

Cut 2 strips of paper 12 x 1 inch each
Punch or cut out your 2 inch circle
Edge punch or Deco cut one edge of the strips.

Then run the strips through the paper crimper.




With your adhesive tape runner, cover one side of your 2 inch circle.



Starting with one end of the paper strip, start adhering the paper around the circle making little pleats along the way as you wind it around.



It will look like this when you are done with the first layer. You may have to tuck in the end of the strip for neatness.



Starting with the second strip of paper, repeat the step again of winding it around the circle closer to the middle for your second flower layer.



Once again, you may have to tuck under the end of the strip to tie up loose ends. It should look like this.



Add a flower center, buttons, smaller flowers. beads, glittered centers. What ever you want. Make it your own. The rose in the center of flower 2 was made using the tutorial I just finished, that will be in the tutorial section soon. You can ink, stickle glitter, crackle or anything your creative swirly heart desires to make the flower your own...


Just save the leafy vine pictures to your computer, then print them up on 4 x 6 beige cardstock. The 3 colors provided were custom made by me to coordinate with the February papers in the kit. I hand cut them which took a little time, but so well worth the effort. I probably could have made an SVG file and cut it with my Cricut, but I think some of the stems are too fine. You can try though...

I hope you enjoy this mini Swirlydoos Make n Take!!




AND THE LEAVES...Just copy, print, cut out...







12 comments:

  1. Thank you for another awesome tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very pretty and delicate. Thanks for showing us how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and always be so generous!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa!! This is fabulous! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tutuorial, I've used the vines on a project and they are fab. Thanks so much for sharing.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these vines! I did something very similar to these just a bit ago, but never crimped them, that's an awesome idea! Thanks for the cool tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing the instructions on the flowers and for sharing the vine. I used both on a layout and they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came across your blog and love the tutorial!!! Thanks so very much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be using this technique soon!!!!! TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa I have seen your leaves all over the place and wondered how they were done thank you so much for the lesson and the image. Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!