Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"ANTEBELLUM BEAUTY" SWIRLYDOOS JUNE KIT



This LO was done with the Swirlydoos June "Antebellum Beauty" kit.
Photo is my daughter Gabrielle taken the evening of her 11th grade homecoming. Green Ribbon flowers created with 1/2 inch crinkle ribbon...Tutorial to follow here blog sometime this week. Smaller blue flowers are punched using the Retro punch. Butterflies from file released for this kit also here. I stickled them with Rock Candy. It gives them an antique sparkle. I wove some silky ribbon through the paper and placed Prima E-line rhinestones in between the tufts. Did some border punching, and scrunching of the Sizzix viney leaf branches. I also Randomly placed E-line pearls around the page...



The photo is me and my son back in 1990, sitting under our big Silver Oak tree just soaking up the sunshine...I was barefoot as always. We went to North Carolina and visited friends and our friend Bobby gave us some pictures he had of my little family (pre Gabbie) in our younger days. This was one of them. Nice to have little surprises like this one. The Antebellum Beauty kit is just full of so much beauty. Unfortunately because I was on vacation shortly after the kit arrived, I only got 2 LO's done for reveal day...I couldn't postpone my 25th Wedding Anniversay vacation though. lol..I made the distressed paper rose. Used Tina's kicked up tutorial..Go check it out, she used my basic coffee filter tute and kicked it up a notch!! I used my Sizzix HEARTS die. It is wonderful because it has 4 different sizes. I made 5-6 of each size for the one flower. It comes out nice and full. I love the look. More realistic.I created a butterfly file to match this kit... Well, I am off to create lots more with this wonderful kit!! Wish I had more time to blog!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow another beautiful layout. I just love the flowers in this and look at those wonderful butterflies. Your layouts are always stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Lisa!! I love love what you did with this kit..you always have such amazing details!! Thanks for sharing the butterflies too :) Lovin the pic of you and ur son..that is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Lisa!! Love what you did with the ribbon in the first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lay outs are so stunning Lisa. I only hope to be half as good as you one day.
    Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love all the detail! Stunning color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just Beautiful, Lisa! Love all the details and thanks for the butterflies and always sharing. Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning.. can't get over those flowers..wow!! can't wait for a tute, I'll be the first one there...LOL I adore these kits and might have to get one soon..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, just wanted to let you know I used the butterflies in my mini book and shared where to get them! Enjoy the week! Thanks, again!
    Hugz, z

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!