Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Spectrum card kit/ Envelope Mini Album

 Hello Lovelies. I am so excited to share with you what I have done with the Spectrum Sherbet Card Kit. I created a mini album. The Spectrum line is so full of gorgeous accessories that you will want it all! The card kit isn't  just for creating cards! This mini came together so easily as it is held together with book rings. Easier than creating a spine. 

If you would like to make one of your own, the step by step  instructions will be on my personal blog. 

I love the fresh bright sunny colors in the Spectrum/ Sherbet collection. It reminds me of summer. I took inspiration from the wonderful artist Amber Mitchell AKA bambidearr. She makes the most fantastic tiny mini albums! I am obsessed with her minis. 

Following this post, I have created a photo step by step tutorial on how I created this mini from the card kit. Click HERE for the tutorial. 

Creating this mini album, I added a few fun element's that I created with the chipboard. The charms hanging from the book rings were created using the chipboard for the charms. I glued 2 circles wrong sides together, and adhered a heart opposite side of the sentiment. I punched a hole on top and added a jump ring. Then just used some of my jewelry supplies to create the dangles. 

Here is a closeup of the book rings with the dangles. But you could hand just about anything you want. I thought of died seam binding as well. 

The covers were created using chipboard for the base, and covered with patterned paper.  The envelopes were put together using glue to secure the flaps. I love that the card kit is so simple to use and everything is cut out for you. All you have to do is fold and glue! Here is the back cover.  I used book rings to put it together, and I added large eyelets for a finished look. 

I used the entire kit using all 8 cards and envelopes. It made for a fun chunky album. I did have a few of the rub-ons from the kit left over as there are many in the kit. The cards are a generous size and I have plans to adhere photos to the inside of the cards with room for journaling. I did have to create an extension on the envelopes to punch holes in. Other wise it you punched holes in the envelope,  you wouldn't be able to slip the card in. I think it added a bit of whimsy to the envelope pages. 


Thank you so much for visiting the 49 and Market blog. I hope you are as inspired as I was to create your own envelope mini. This one was a lot of fun. Visit my blog What A Beautiful Mess for the step by step instructions. xo


49 and Market Products Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!