Sunday, April 14, 2013

Little Chest of Dreams...Scraps Of Elegance April Guest Designer.

 I thought I would do an Off The Page Project with the April Scraps Of Elegance kit, "Possibility". The kit has gorgeous Carta Bella papers in them. It was one of the papers that inspired me to do this little chest of drawers. Actually, I have been dying to use the Sizzix Candy Box die wonderfully created by Eileen Hull. I picked up the die at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago when Sizzix was 50% off. Love my dies!! This one rocks!!. The chest is made of chip board as I didn't have any suggested white mat board. But it worked. At work I have the unit clerk save me the card board backs of the paper packs. Some are really thick. Love to use them for my die cuts. Well the boxes are so much fun to put together!! A great alternative to create a chest of drawers yourself, would be to use matchboxes. But you will miss out on the fun of creating the boxes yourself!! Just sayin!!


I cut out the Carta Bella paper Dear Jane with all of the little boxes on it and adhered a different color to each draw front and sides. I added a button the the front as well as the beautiful Prima say it in Crystals that were from the kit. Then I stacked and glued the 6 finished boxes together.I then backed them with chip board (so the drawers don't fall out,) and placed pieces on the top and sides before covering the chest with the rest of the Carta Bella paper Script and Scribbles.

  I will have to change to feet out as the bottom drawer wont pull out because the feet are in the way. My plan is to buy 4 small wooden spools and paint them and adhere to the bottom corners of my little chest. But I didn't get a chance to go out, so my Tim Holtz feet are strategically placed under the chest, not glued on. But they are sooooo pretty!!


The roses were created from the scraps of my paper in the kit and I used my Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone die.

Around the 3 roses I created, I tucked flowers from the kit here and there. There are also butterflies that I printed up, cut out, and just finger painted Rock Candy Stickles onto. I'll provide the file at the end of my post. I created them from a beautiful piece of Websters Pages paper a couple of years ago. They are among my fave in all of the files I created. I am still hoarding that piece of paper!!.



The little vines were die cut with my Sizzix Sizzlets die set, and the green paper in the card stock add on kit. I just used Glimmer mist to darken the color.

 After looking at this post, I really needed something to put on the back of my chest. I will look through my stash of Blue Fern Studios chip board. I know I have something!!




Thank you for stopping by my blog..Here is the butterfly file I promised. For the size I used on the chest, I printed them on a 4x6 piece of white card stock. That gave me sweet little butterflies!! I adored putting this project together!! Don't forget to visit Scraps Of Elegance for more inspiration from the Design Team.

6 comments:

  1. LISA- this is absolutely stunning! I love this little chest! The papers, flowers, buttons and extras are perfect. Thanks so much for rockin' that die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful treasure box Lisa! You inspire me to pick up that Sizzix die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty Lisa you did a great job and I'll bet it was heaps of frun. TFS the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pine cone die! Thanks for the butterflies and your box is gorgeous. TFS.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation - gorgeous make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!