Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Explosion Box featuring 49 and Market Vintage Artistry Tranquility Collection and Color Swatch Eucalyptus collection.

Hello Lovelies. Today I hope to inspire you to create something different. I created an explosion box that has a mini album inside. I love creating these boxes.  I used the brand new Vintage Artistry Tranquility Collection along with the perfectly color coordinated Eucalyptus collection. I just gathered all of the product from both collections, spread them out on my table and grabbed from different embellishments as I was building my box. For the base, I used  my We R Memory Makers explosion box score board, and I did the Xtra large box. I used a heavy duty white cardstock in white to form the base for the box and lid. I then used Tranquility papers to cover the box inside and out. Before I adhered  the pieces on the box, I did some machine sewing on each piece. I also added 4 wooden beads for the feet of the box. I thought about painting them, but love the look of the raw wood, so I left them unpainted. Once the all of the papers were adhered to the box and top, the fun began. Embellishing! 



I used 2 different silk/sari ribbons and the Single Ply Jute to tie around the box top, then I adhered the Lacey Trim in cream, right under the rim of the lid. I adhered the tiny chipboard hearts on three sides of the top, over the ribbon. Using a bulb pin, I strung the laser cut lock and key and pinned it onto the ribbon in the front. 

When you lift the top of the explosion box, it reveals a tiny mini album that measures 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 and has 6  pages. This was so much fun to create. There is so much room in this explosion box for photos. There are tucks, tags, frames and pockets to save keepsakes, or photos. All from the Tranquility and Eucalyptus collections. The embellies are the best. There are so many to choose from. If you purchase all of the collection, you could be created for days! Endless possibilities. 

Here are different angles of the mini album. The front is adorned with 3 different flower collections, Lasercut elements, Rub ons, and Essential Film Strips. I created a 2 1/2 inch spine I made a hole on the top in the middle, placed an eyelet, and tied on some silk and sari ribbon. I created charms from some of the Chipboard pieces. I also created a small cabochon charm. I added beads to the chipboard word strips and sandwiched an eye pin in between the chipboard and backed with a scrap of Tranquility paper. Then I placed jump rings to the eye pins, and used a bulb pin to pin the dangles to the ribbon. I love dangles on mini albums. Its like jewelry. I used the same silk and sari ribbon for the closure and tied it in a bow. You can see the mini when it is open. I created 6 pages besides the front inside and back inside covers. 

  
Here are some closeups of some of the pages in the mini album.








On each flap of the box, I used the Eucalyptus frames to create pockets for the cards I created. I added a small strip of chipboard to 3 sides of the frame, leaving the top open. I adhered the frames to the flaps, and tucked in the cards. Each of the 4 cards open up to reveal a blank page that can be used for journaling, or photos. Journaling can also be done on the corner hearts. 


Here is a closeup of the box top. I used flowers, laser cut butterflies, chip board and essential Film Strips. Before I adhered  them all, I used some cheesecloth on the top of the lid. It adds a little shabby chic elegance to the box. With touches of ribbon, jute  and lace to finish it off. 

I hope that you are inspired to create an explosion box of your own. I think they are so much fun to make. Think of what you want to fill yours with. The mii album is so cute, and I enjoyed creating it. 



49 and Market products:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!