Thursday, February 16, 2023

49 and Market ARToptions Rouge

 Hello Lovelies. Valentines has passed, but this is still the month of LOVE. So, to fit the mood, I created a layout using the new gorgeous ARToptions Rouge, I love pink!! And what better color to pair it with, than hues of green. The main design paper I used is Rouge, Sweet Nothings. The green paper underneath is from the fabulous Rouge Color Foundations collection. #4. I use to fret about finding the perfect colored cardstock to compliment  my projects, and now we have Foundations!! Perfectly coordinated. I cut a 1 inch border from the #4 paper, and saved the inner cutout for something else. I can't see wasting it behind the main paper. I cut 1/4 inch around the Sweet Nothings paper, and machine stitched around it. I then distressed the edges all around the outside the stitching. This created my base to build my design. 


These are a few of my favorite things!! If you haven't tried the fabric tape, then you must, There is so much you can do with it. The Washi stickers add an extra something to your projects. I love that you don't see the borders once you rub them into the paper. And the flowers....YUM!!! They are simply delicious!! I usually add a bit of jute somewhere in my projects. It is usually a finishing touch! 


Here, I used the jute to tie around the framed photo. Once the bow was tied, I adhered a tiny chipboard heart to the middle of the bow. I stacked the frames, starting with ARToptions Rouge, Filmstrip frames. There are many sizes in the pack. I adhered a bigger one to the background, then began to build the layers. I used 2 of the frames from the Color Swatch Blossom Frame Set. I backed both of the frames with the leftover piece of #4 Rouge Foundations paper. Using the Single Ply Jute, I tied 2 pieces around the photo. I used corrugated cardboard between each layer for height. I slipped the photo under the jute and onto the frame. I love these frames as the stitching looks so real! They are so sweet!


I used 2 more smaller frames and backed each one with the Rouge Fabric tape. I used the wide roll in the pack. They look like 2 framed  little master pieces of art. I then built my floral design using the Color Swatch Blossom - Acetate Leaves and a few of the flower collections in pink tones. Garden Petals, Royal Spray, and Royal Posies. I used a couple of ARToptions Rouge Laser cut butterflies to tuck in the flower clusters. 


The 12x12 Rouge Sentiments Rub-Ons are simply fabulous. I chose 4 different sentiments to scatter over the layout. I tucked some Rouge Laser Cuts into my floral clusters as well. I spattered some white acrylic paint, and some coordinated colored ink to finish the layout. I added some pink colored rhinestones from my own stash for bit of sparkle. 


I hope that you are inspired to create something with ARToptions Rouge. It really is a beautiful collection. Until next time, Happy Creating!! xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!