Friday, July 1, 2022

Spectrum Sherbet Explosion Box with mini album

 Hello Lovelies. Today I bring you an Explosion Box with a surprise mini album inside. This time I used the beautiful papers in the Spectrum Sherbet Solids Pack and also the Foundation paper pack . I wanted to show the range of gorgeous colors in 1 project. This was the perfect project to do! A true confection! I used most of the colors in the range, sticking to the lighter shades. 


When you open the lid and the walls come tumbling down, you will find a tiny mini album. I constructed it using chipboard and covered it with paper and added 4 pages. Each page has a Spectrum Sherbet laser cut tab. The small tabs were the perfect size for this mini. I adhered 1 to each page. 

This is the view of the explosion box completely open. There are 3 layers. Each layer contains pockets, belly bands or foldovers. 

 
Inside of each pocket, belly band or fold overs, contains Spectrum Sherbet tags, accordion folded papers, and/or specimen cards, and small cards, all created with Spectrum Sherbet papers. I added Spectrum Sherbet Leaves rub- ons to each corner heart, and added the Roughly Sewn Rub Ons on the pockets. 


Here is a closeup of the mini album. It measures 3x3 inches. I hand tinted some Sari Ribbon using Distress Ink in Twisted Citron. It was the perfect color and matched the papers beautifully. I tied the ribbon, along with some Single Ply Jute around the spine. I decorated the cover with flowers, leaves, Spectrum Sherbet Chipboard, and a laser cut for the sentiment. I layered it behind the chipboard and added some Sherbet Wishing Bubbles and Baubles to simulate brads. 


I also used the ribbon and jute cording around the outside lid of the box. I chose a variety of flowers for the lid. 49 and Market has so many to choose from. Get them while you  can because they sell out really fast.  I used flowers from 7 different collections, but they all coordinate so well. At the base of the lid, I used Spectrum Sherbet Washi tape. The one with the dots. 49 and Market Washi Tape is so versatile. And so beautiful!! 

I hope you enjoyed this project, and you are inspired to create your own Explosion Box. I had a lot of fun creating this, and I think I can even add more surprise elements to it. Have a beautiful day!! xo



49 and Market Products Used:

Spectrum/Sherbet 12x12 Sherbet Solids Pack

Spectrum Sherbet 12x12 Sherbet Foundations Pack

Spectrum/Sherbet Tag Set

Spectrum/Sherbet Washi Tape Assortment Set

Spectrum/Sherbet Chipboard Set

Spectrum Sherbet Chipboard Words

Spectrum/Sherbet Essential Laser Cut Elements

Spectrum Sherbet Strawberry Lemonade Laser Cut Elements

Spectrum Sherbet-Leaves Rub On Transfer Set

Majestic Bouquet Flowers: Mango

Royal Posies Mango Paper Flowers

Royal Spray-Passion Pink Paper Flowers

Royal Spray-Bashful Paper Flowers

Enchanted Petals-Mint Paper Flowers

Garden Petals- Sea Glass

Sugar Petals-Tutti Frutti

Roughly Sewn Rub-Ons in white

Jute Cording Single Ply


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!