Friday, February 25, 2022

Heartfelt Creations Alumni February 2022 Blog Hop

 


The hop begins at 8AM EST on Friday, February 25,2022 and runs until 11:55PM EST on Monday, February 28th 2022.
At that time a randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will be chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card. Heartfelt Creations is also giving away a second $25 gift card for a randomly chosen comment from their blog. So there will be 2 winners!!
The winners will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022
The winner has 72 hours to claim the prize by emailing socialmedia@heartfeltcreations.com. Please write “Winner of the February 2022 Alumni Hop” in the subject line.                                                                                              *****************************************
I created a sunny sunflower card using the Rustic Sunflowers. To prepare my card, I created the card with heavy white cardstock. I then cut a piece of watercolor paper the same size as the front of the card. I lightly spritzed the watercolor paper, and pressed some distress ink in Dried Marigold on a glass mat, then sprayed a little water on the mat as well. I placed the watercolor paper onto the mat and moved it around until it was full of color. I dried the paper and did some machine sewing around the paper. I then used double sided tape on the back of the inked paper, and adhered it to the card front. I did some stamping using the Rustic Sunflower die and Leaf Green ink. 

I die cut 2 circles from the Decorative Circle frames die, and stamped the sentiment onto the smaller circle. I layered the circles using corrugated cardboard in between each layer. I set it aside. I created a small bow using cream colored Sari fabric and hand died it with Dried Marigold Distress Ink. 

I created the sunflowers Stamping the flowers with Ranger Archival Ink in Tea Rose, using 2 layers for each flower. I layered the colors with distress ink in Mustard Seed on the entire flower, then used Dried Marigold in the middle. I also added some Ranger Archival ink in Tea Rose to the middles. I shaped them using  a ball stylus from the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, and after layering them, I added the Redland Elements to the middles. The smaller purple flowers are the Arianna Cling Stamp Set. I used Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves and Distress ink in Mustard Seed, and  Ranger Leaf Green in the middle. All of the leaves are stamped with Ranger Leaf Green. I then watered down some glue, lightly painted the flowers and leaves and sprinkled them in Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear. 


Here is a close up of the flowers and leaves. When the card was done, I placed a piece of paper over the sentiment and circles, and did a little spattering of  paint with white watered down acrylic paint. To create a fine spray of paint, I used Tim Holtz Splatter Brush dipped into the thinned out paint. 


I hope you are inspired to create Rustic Sunflowers of your own! They can be used for cards, layouts, and those off the page projects. The possibilities are endless. 

Get Ready To Hop!!!

Kathy Clement:  Kathy by Design

Carole Wright:  The Pretty Paper Patisserie

Vicki Dutcher:  All I Do Is Stamp

Amarilys Doria:  Amarilys's Scrappy Corner

Candy Slabaugh:  Candy's Creations

YOU ARE HERE! Lisa Gregory:  What a Beautiful Mess

Monica Edwards: Simply Monica

Alissa Wells:  Will Run for Stamps

Oksana Clegg:  Everyday Crafting

Heartfelt Creations: Heartfelt Creations Blog

Heartfelt Creations Products Used:

20 comments:

  1. I really love your sunflowers. I am inspired to purchase the sunflowers dies now. this is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are shaped so beautifully! And I really like the sunny tones you've used here. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for hopping with us this month, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so elegant love your sunflower 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the closeup photo of the spattered flowers...much appreciated. The Crystal Clear adds lovely drama to flowers!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Lisa! The coloring of the paper, the added stamped images and those sunflowers! Just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful colors you chose. They go together just perfectly. The flowers look really cute!!! sharon gullikson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors, sunflowers are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card , I am a big fan of peach and yellow . And I really love sparkle , everything needs glitter !!

    Patricia Grier

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... those sunflowers really set this card off. I am inspired to go get my sunflower stamps and dies out that i have yet to use. Stunning card thank you for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, I love the touch of purple flowers amongst the orange and yellow of the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and colors. I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This project is so adorable and I need those Rustic Sunflowers in my collection! Those Leafy Accents are crazy fun to play with. I can't get enough of the warm colors and whimsical background stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your colors and Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sunflowers are stunning!! The crystal clear adds a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have inspired to try water coloring the background and ribbon. Your card is beautiful and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great color combo on your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!