Thursday, September 19, 2019

49 and Market layout. "Escape"

 Summer is starting to wind down in my part of the world, but in the southern part of the United States it is still in full swing. That means more beach time!! The newest Collections for 49 and Market allow you to adorn those summertime memories in a gorgeous way! Think boats, beaches, the ocean and mermaids! The designs are so beautiful! For my layout, I started with a 12x12 base of cardboard. I have used the backside paper of the collection set, and one other paper in the pack. I cut out the middle of the backside paper  and put  scrap aside.  I trimmed and  tore the edges of another paper and placed it over the top. I curled back the edges and distressed them with ink. I die cut 3 tags from corrugated cardboard and the paper, to create a base for the framed photo.


From there I built a beautiful boardwalk beach scene that reminded me of my days at the beach growing up.  Picking wild berries in the bush on the barrier Island of Fire Island. For me, growing up on the South Shore of Long Island had its riches. And the memories will stay with me for the rest of my life. I am grateful to have been gifted product that helps me preserve those memories.



For the tops of the tags, I used the Jute Cording. It comes braided,  and just took it apart and looped it through the holes. I added pop dots underneath  the tags to give them dimension.


The frame is a Hobby Lobby frame I found in the bridal section,  that I painted and distressed it. The fun part was all of the embellishing I did around it. I love the wishing Bubbles as they reminded me of ocean bubbles! The flowers were the perfect color. I snipped the distressed berries off of the wire stems and glued them onto the archival board to create a new bush.


I love the archival board. I used gesso on the pieces and just distressed it with inks.  Once the whole layout was adorned, I dry brushed it all over with gesso.


Thank you for joining me for today's inspiration. 

49 and Markets Products Used:
Paper: Shipwreck/Atlantis, The back side of the collection pack 
Flowers: Garden Seeds in Seabreeze, Vintage Shades 
Botanical Blends in blue
6x6 Archival Board: Escape
Underwater Layered Embellishment Set
Rustic Collection: Jute Cording 5 ply










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful design! The beach scene is just perfect. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!