Friday, October 4, 2019

49 and Market..."Breath"

Hello Lovelies. Today I would like to share with you a layout that uses colors I would normally reserve for a card or an album. But I fell in love with the paper that reminded me of chalkboard. Any color would compliment the dark background. I chose the lovely orange in the Blossom Blends Cantaloupe flowers. sprinkle in a little greenery, and you have the makings of a perfectly balanced color scheme. I could see any of the 49 and Market flowers to compliment this paper collection. It is just that awesome.


I paired the darker and lighter color flowers in the orange hues. It really makes the brighter color pop off the page. I created some die cut leaves around all of the clusters of flowers.  I die cut them from white card stock, and painted them with various sprays and metallic paints.

 
I die cut some frames, and used Gabi's Line Stitch stamp. The title is simple but effective. The 2 photos are of my grandaughter taken 2 years apart. A breath in between..All I can do is breath in her beauty.

 I love the reed wood embellishment in the flower pack. Paired with the beauty of the flowers, it lends a woodsy element to the page. The photos were taken on the edge the forest behind my home. I wanted the layout to portray the feeling of a walk in the garden in Autumn. Right before the last flowers fade....


I dry brushed and flicked some white gesso over the entire layout. Just a light touch goes a long way. It lightened up the darkness and added some texture of the background paper.


I hope you enjoy today's inspiration from 49 and Market. I really enjoy working with such gorgeous product. It makes me happy!!

49 and Market Products Used:
Papers:  Captured Adventures Collection Pack
and Faded Memories
Flowers: Blossom Blends Cantaloupe, Stargazers Peach Sorbet
Wishing Bubbles: Cream Soda
Stamps: Gabi's Line Stitch



1 comment:

  1. Awe the 'littles' do just tug at the heartstrings. Beautifully done Grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!