Thursday, January 21, 2016

Flying Unicorn January 2016 Guest Designer

 Glad I was the first Guest Designer of the year for Flying Unicorn...I would hate a tough act to follow!!! I have had a creative blast working with all of the beautiful products  in all of the January Your Passion Your Art kits. The 13 Arts Secret Letters collection of paper is simply beautiful! I chose to accent A Letter To You  with purple. and use the inks and sprays that were in the kits.
i dry brushed a very light coat of white gesso to the entire paper, then mixed some Prima cold pink mica powder, included in the Mixed Art kit, with water in a spray bottle and sprayed the edges of the background paper and corrugated cardboard background.


I love the 13 Arts Secret Letters laser cut words. I simply colored the Dream word with the Chalk Ink in Dirty Pink. Another wonderful product are the Secret Letters sticker words.


The only thing I used from my stash are some Prima Blooms that I have been hoarding for a while now. I thought they matched perfectly with the colors in the kits. I tucked a few in here and there.


I fussy cut the cutouts  from Remember Me - Secret Letters Collection paper and layered them on the page. I cut the doily images and tucked them in here and there.


It is difficult to photograph the shimmer of the Mica powder, but it really does shimmer in the light.


I fussy cut the butterflies from one of the papers. I added the little black dots and colored the antennae with a Sharpie and then covered the entire butterflies with clear crackle paint.


The frame was die cut using a Sizzix die, painted with gesso, then using the Mica powder while the gesso was still wet, I finger painted the powder into the gesso.


Thank you Alda Stevens and Flying Unicorn for having me as the January Guest Designer. I really enjoyed working with all of the gorgeous kits, and hope on e day to work with you once again!!. It has been a creative blast for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!