Monday, January 4, 2016

Flying Unicorn January 2016 Guest Designer

As the January 2016 Guest Designer for the Flying Unicorn this month I was honored to work with all of the kits. JAN MAIN KIT- YOUR PASSION. YOUR ART. is absolutely full of gorgeousness! I love the papers, the colors, the flowers.. I love it all!! If you double your pleasure and purchase the JAN MIXED PASSION KIT- YOUR PASSION. YOUR ART. , you will have more beautiful blooms to coordinate with your projects.


The frames are a Sizzix die cut. I thought the wood pattern on the 13 Arts  paper was perfect to create frames. I backed the paper die cut with the chipboard to give it a bit of dimension.


I used the piece of paper that I tore out from the middle of the top layer and created rolled roses to add to my floral clusters. They are so easy to make and all you really need are scraps of paper.


The wood letters are awesome to work with. I just used the Prima Chalk ink Dirty Pink and brushed it over the Beautiful 13 Arts Secret Letters title. I touched up the outer part ever so lightly with the Prima Chalk ink Old Road.


I love butterflies. Below this post you will find the butterfly file I created for this kit.  I just use a coat of clear crackle paint and some Stickles to give them sparkle.


The little leaves were created with my Martha Stewart rose leaf punch. It is a perfect size for smaller flowers or to use as fillers. I used more scraps of 13 Arts paper that I had left over from the 6x6 pad  in the  JAN SMALL ART BIG PASSION KIT- YOUR PASSION. YOUR ART.   used on the Off The Page Coaster Set Mini Album I did.


 And to match the beautiful kit, I dug deep through my butterfly files I created, to add to your projects. All you have to do is down load them print them up, cut them out, and adorn them as you will. The size I printed them up for this layout was on a 5x7 piece of white cardstock. The image you see below is about the size you get on 5x7. You can print them up bigger or smaller. Just change the size of cardstock you print them on.

Thank you joining me today. Check out the Flying Unicorn kit

January "Your Passion. Your Art"

Grab the kits while they are hot, because they always sell out. When they are gone...They are gone....

4 comments:

  1. Lisa - your page, as always, is so very gorgeous. The papers and flowers are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are perfect! Love the added touch of reversing her photo - that's always nice to do when you need a photo to 'face' a certain direction. Love the flower clusters. The whole design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing your work and your amazing handcrafted flowers! Such an adorable photo and I love the way you used 2 shots and framed them!! So beautiful, so sweet and so ispiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your work with the kit this month. This page is especially sweet with all those great embellies and sweet little Charlotte. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!