Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy To Be Me...

Doing the last few LO's from the July kit before the August kit arrives at my doorstep!! My daughter was fooling around with her computer webcam in the dark, and this is the photo she came up with. I love it...At almost 19 years old, the girl is happy with herself. Try's to let life trials and tribulations slide on by with out difficulty. I did some stitching on the LO using a beige thread in the bobbin and brown on top. Used my Zutter Distresser for the page edges. And I stamped the border of my cardstock with my IOD Build a Frame stamps. I used a Jenni Bowlin vintage word paper that is from my own stash. The butterflies are some of the ones that I shared at Swirlydoos. I am constantly updating the butterfly thread with new images. I just rock candy stickle them. I used a border punch from EK Success and punched strips, then cut each scallop from the strip and glued the pieces around the circle. Here are some closeups of the LO. TFL...

Sometimes, when I create the butterfly files, they do not have antennae. So while I am cutting out the butterfly, I cut antennae along with it in a random shape. Then I color them with a black sharpie marker.

I made the tiny roses and will be posting a tutorial in the near future. The leaves were punched using a Martha Stewart leaf punch. Then inked, folded and rolled to get a more realistic look.

I created the large flowers using my Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die. Then I used the Prima flowers in the kit for the middles. I then used rock Candy Stickles and Diamond Dust to match the Prima roses. I painted the Dusty Attic Chipboard flourish with brown acrylic paint and attached some Prima E Line pearls. The smaller blue flowers are punched cardstock with Paper Shapers Retro punch,then inked and drew the brown pattern on them taking a tip from Gabriellep.


  1. She did a nice job. I particularly like the distressed paper behind the photo.

  2. OMGawsh!! Lisa this is! You are so inspiring!


Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!