Sunday, January 1, 2023

Vintage Artistry Serenity. 12x12 layout. "One Fine Day"

Hello Lovelies!! Happy New Year!!! I can not believe we have closed out 2022. Today, I am so excited to bring you my first layout of the year for 49 and Market. We even feel the winter chill in sunny Florida, but my layout makes me feel like I am back at the beach! Vintage Artistry Serenity, and its soft blues and sand colors, take me to a warm spot on the beach. I chose the Tranquility Paper for my background design. I did some machine stitching around the paper. I did a little stenciling with modeling paste and gave it a light coat of clear gesso. I always use clear gesso when I use color sprays. This way, it doesn't soak through the paper, and it gives it a nice canvas like surface for mediums to blend easily. 


I used the Square File Frame for my photo, and I clustered 3 different flower designs to frame the photo. I love mixing and matching flowers from different collections. Sunshine, Butterscotch and Marble are the 3 colors I use. I used one of the sentiments from the Laser Cut set, cut each word apart, layered it onto scrap File Frame pieces and mounted on the layout. I used a rub on from the 6x8 set for the words "One Fine Day". I used the chipboard "Living The Good Life" under the photo. 

I created a smaller cluster on the right side of the layout, mixing flowers, leaves, laser cuts and chipboard from the Serenity collection. I created a sweet little bow using the single ply jute, and tucked it onto the floral cluster. I added a laser cut button, key, butterfly and heart to the framed photo.  

Here is a closeup of the flowers. 49 and Market flowers are simply so pretty!! When the layout was done, I spattered some thinned out white and black watercolor paints around the floral clusters. It gives the layout the final textured look I love. 


 Thank you for joining me today. I want to wish everyone a Happy, Prosperous, Joyful and Healthy New Year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!