Monday, January 16, 2023

49 and Market 12x12 layout featuring Curators Botanical

 Welcome to January and a whole new year of designs at 49 and Market. Today, I am here to inspire you with the gorgeous elements of Curators Botanical. This collection has all of the elements of a woodsy walk in the woods! Nature at its best. I chose to go a little monochromatic with a touch of accent color that just brings the whole layout together. I absolutely love this collection. Maybe because green is one of my fave colors. I started by placing a washi postage stamp on each corner of the paper and machine sewing around a few times using a straight and zigzag stitch. I trimmed down the cover paper down to 11x11 to give a 1 inch border all around. I distressed the edges of the paper and adhered it over the green background paper. I painted the paper with clear gesso to prep it for color. I layered the framed photo using pieces from the Ephemera Bits pack. Before I layered the framed photo, I placed the laser cut heart on the corner, then tied some single ply jute around a couple of times and tied a small bow in the corner. I tucked a tiny laser cut mushroom on top. I replaced the strings in the 3 tags with the single ply jute, and arranged them under the matted photo. I lifted each layer up with a piece of corrugated cardboard inbetween. This gives some dimension and a great base to arrange the floral clusters. Leaves don't  usually fall off of the trees in Florida, but the gorgeous oak trees where my granddaughter lives, had most of its leaves fall off onto the path she takes to the peaceful pond. It is beautiful! 



My floral clusters were done with 3 different flower packs. Royal Spray/ Olive paper flowers,
Sugar Posies/Butterscotch and Florets Paper Flowers/Celery The colors match beautifully. I just play with the arrangement until I am happy. 49 and Market flowers are simply beautiful. Grab them while you can, because once they are gone, they are gone for good and hard to find. 


I created a smaller cluster on the right side of the layout, to fill the "white space". O placed the laser cut card holder in-between my right and left designs for my title. Under this cluster. I added a half of one of the floral rub ons. I used the other half opposite to it. This created the "connection" for the bookplate. 


To finish the layout, I did some spattering of white acrylic paint and brown ink. I used the small words in the 6x8 rub-on set, cut them apart, and scattered them around the layout. The words are perfect to reflect the theme of the layout. 

 
I hope you are inspired to create memories from the heart. Capture those truly beautiful moments. 49 and Market Collections can help you do that! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!