Tuesday, November 1, 2022

49 and Market Vintage Artistry Serenity Collection

 Hello Lovelies. I am here today to inspire you to try the new Vintage Artistry Serenity Collection. I am absolutely smitten with this collection. The soft colors of the blues and browns is simply lovely. There is so much to this collection, that you won't want to miss a thing. I was inspired to create this layout, by the Serenity laser cut house/window. It immediately sparked my imagination to create a layout using the photo of my granddaughter who had built herself a little wooden fort of tree branches in front of a tree, and lined the ground with palm fronds to sit on. She told me this was going to be her "quiet place". Serenity seemed perfect for the photo, and the Serenity house/window  laser cut represented her quiet place. Isn't it wonderful when a piece of paper, a photo, or an element can spark your imagination? 

I started by tracing a large circle on the Serenity Solids paper 2. I then used my sewing machine and some cream colored thread to go around and around a few times using a wide straight stitch. Then I machine sewed around the edge of the paper. I took 1 sheet of the Vintage Artistry Serenity 6x8 paper pad, and a couple of larger pieces from the Serenity Ephemera Bits and cut them into strips. Some of the strips, I used a couple of border punches to simulate torn out notebook paper. I stacked and adhered the strips in 2 groups. Then cut them both in half. I divided them vertically, and horizontally to create the base of my layout. I then layered the Serenity house/window laser cut onto an Ephemera Bit paper and placed it the middle of the layered strips. I topped the vertical strips with a laser-cut frame snipped in half

I used the 6x8 Serenity Rub-Ons  around the machine sewed circle. I love how the rub-on leaves have a slight curve, as they went with the circle design. There was no problem rubbing them over the raised thread. I also used the words Life and Happy on the layout. 

To create the matted photo, I placed the photo behind a Vintage Artistry Essentials Square File Frame. I did tuck in a laser cut frame and a Serenity tag to the side of the frame, but my floral cluster covered most of it. Using a mini stapler, I attached  the tiny Serenity laser-cut sentiment bookplate onto the file frame. 

I absolutely love the flowers in the Blue Jay color, mixed Blue Raspberry and  Ocean Jade colors. I found it a perfect blend. I tucked in a couple of Serenity Ephemera Bits leaves. Most of my layers are popped up by bits of corrugated cardboard. I love the dimensional look to my pages.


Thank you for joining me today. I hope you are inspired to create a project using Vintage Artistry Serenity. 
49 and Market Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!