Wednesday, November 16, 2022

49 and Market ARToptions Alena, 12x12 layout "Everything"

 Hello Lovelies. Today I bring to you a layout created with the beautiful ARToptions Alena. The floral patterns, and colors in this collection are absolutely glorious!! The watercolor effect happens to be one of my favorite designs. This collection does not disappoint in that department. I took one sheet from the collection which had florals on one side of the paper. I wanted a cascading effect, so I used the 12x12 Rub-ons to create it. 

I started with machine sewing around the edges of the paper using a coordinating colored  silk thread. I die cut one of my slimline dies using paper from the Alena 6x8 paper collection, and sewed around it as well. I placed a photo in the top frame, Alena Fabric tape in the middle and another photo on the bottom frame. I mounted it in the middle of the layout. Then the fun began! Embellishments!! ARToptions Alena has many embellishments in the collection. I tried to used a little of most of them for this layout. To start I used the 12x12 Rub-ons along the sides of the framed photos. I cut out 1 floral cluster, then cut it in half using the halves on either side of the framed photos. I used a few clusters this way until I reached the bottom of the page. Then I began tucking in the flowers and the leaves. I had some scraps left over from die cutting the frame,  so I created a few rolled rosettes to add to my floral clusters. 


I used the laser cut frames to frame both of my photos and layer them over both photos. I used the  sentiment strips for each of the photos. I also die cut some leaves from one of the 6x8 papers. I used a variety of colors and floral collections to cluster the flowers. I love the yellows and the reds together. 


I used one of the tags as a base, and layered a sentiment over it. The beautiful filagree heart, laser cut, looks just like metal! I poked a hole in the top of the heart and strung it through the tags string. I shortened it a bit then retied the knot. I love it hanging from the tag. It added a bit of charm to the layout. 


I love the laser-cut ties. I had to shorten this one a little to fit the frame. I bent the very edges back a bit to wrap under the frame, this way it really looks like the string is tied around the frame. I then continued to layer my leaves and flowers along the sides of the frames photos. I added a few laser cut and rub on butterflies around the layout. To finish off the layout,  I did a bit of splattering with watered down inks as well. I wanted a simple design, and ended up with an elaborate garden. And so I added photos of my 2 precious wild flowers. Savannah and Dominick. My 4 year old grandchildren. 


Thank you for joining me today. I hope that you are inspired to create your own garden featuring ARToptions Alena. It truly is a beautiful collection. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!