Thursday, July 15, 2021

Katie Pertiet designs ARToptions15

 Do you love fussy cutting??? For me it is a stress reliever. So what better way to relieve stress, then to purchase your favorite Katie Pertiet Designs digital original, and try some out to create some hybrid scrapbooking. Haven't heard of Hybrid scrapbooking?? Well, it is taking the digital files to a new level! I create a file in Photoshop of the digital elements from the designs in the kit,  and print it out on cardstock. For me, #80 is a perfect weight. Then sit back and start fussy cutting! For this canvas, I purchased Katies ARToptions Mini Mix 15. This kit is gorgeous!! The colors are gorgeous, and oh my... The dragonflies!!! 

I printed out a portion of one of the 12x12 papers from the kit, and printed it on 8x11.5 cardstock for my background. I then mounted it on a canvas. Then the building of my fussy cut elements began, layer after layer. If you have a wide format printer, you could print out the full 12x12 paper for a full sized layout. There is a total of 8 different paper designs in the kit and over 40 elements!  It is packed for a mini mix! 


I absolutely love the stamps!! But instead of fussy cutting the edges, I have a stacked set of stamp dies, and the smallest one fit the stamps perfectly!. I mounted the beautiful stamps onto the die cuts. But if you have a pair of deckle scissors, you could easily just cut out the stamps. Oh the sweet dragonflies....Next time, I am going to doll them up with glitter and gold!! 

To create the flowers, I printed up a couple of the paper designs, and used one if my  floral dies. I die cut a few different sizes, and stacked them to create layers. I finished them by adding the pearl stamen through the middle. And from the greener parts of the papers, I die cut some of the finer the leaves to tuck under the flowers. I do adore the leaf cutouts in the kit though.  


There are 4 different stacked frames in the kit. And the beauty is they are already stacked, so you are only cutting out 1 piece! I love the buttons, and popped them onto the edge of the frame. I just placed the photo in the back of the frame. The tag on the top is also in the kit. I didn't fussy cut the tie, I cut that part off, added an eyelet and strung some string through the eyelet. Remember this is Hybrid scrapbooking!! Anything goes! The title Blooming Beautiful is one of 3 wonderful sentiment tapes in the kit. They look like the Dymo embossed label maker strips!! I love them!! 

Just finish your layout of canvas as you would like any other you create. I brushed the backgrounds with clear gesso, did some inking and added some art stones, and did a bit of spattering with Oxide Distress inks. To thing this all started on a piece of paper!!! 



This is the ARToptions15 kit that I used for my canvas. You can purchase the kit HERE. Happy Cutting!!! xo


3 comments:

  1. Amazing work, love the colors and design and all the cute elements pretty little Charlotte ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Girl, wonderful papier, wonderful cutting, soooooo
    It's a wonderful creation!
    Creatieve groetjes, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before buying any type of machine for this craft you want to take the time to figure out exactly what you will be doing, how often, and what types of projects you may be doing. Get detailed info about embroidery machine for home business on this site.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!