Monday, July 5, 2021

49 and Market "Vintage Artistry Beached" Wild and Free Like the Sea 12x12 layout

Good morning beautiful world! I am fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful states in the US. Florida has an abundance of gorgeous beaches. Perfect places for the best photo ops. So when 49 and Market announced they were coming out with Vintage Artistry Beached, I was excited!! And it sure did not disappoint. It truly is a gorgeous collection! Layout, mini albums, tags, off the page projects. Take your pick, you can create it all with this gorgeous collection. 

I started off mounting the "Uncharted" paper from the Beached 12x12 Collection Pack onto a piece of corrugated cardboard using Mod Podge. I used a stencil and some texture paste onto the background and let it dry. I then mounted one of the papers from the 6x8 collection pack onto a piece of corrugated paper. I wet the edges, let it sit for a few minutes, then peeled back the paper around the edges and the top layer of the cardboard to reveal the corrugated part. I let it dry, and painted the exposed parts with white gesso. I mounted the 6x8 prepared paper  onto the 12x12 paper, Then I mounted the photo onto a piece of corrugated cardboard. In between each layer is a piece of smaller corrugated cardboard. This gives height and dimension. That completed the base for my layout. The rest is the icing on the cake!! The fun begins. 


I used the Garden Petals in Parchment because it reminded me of the color of sand. The color goes perfectly with the papers. The pink flowers tucked in here and there, are the laser cuts in the 12x12 Beached Collection. I shaped them a bit using a ball stylus and shaping mat. The frame on the photo is also a laser cut. I placed a pearl in each corner (my own stash) then used some Beached Wishing Bubbles and Trinkets on either side of the frame. The title under the photo is from the Beached Washi Tape set. The tie and bow under the title, is a laser cut from the 12x12 collection set. I tucked in some Lacey Trim in cream around the photo mat that I distressed with scissors. 


The smaller cluster was created with laser cuts and 1 Parchment flower from the Garden Petals set. I tucked under  a piece of cheese cloth that I distressed with ink before I created the layers. I watered down some distress ink and washed it over the stenciled areas. The texture paste takes on some of the ink color for a soft effect. 


The laser cuts are plentiful in the 12x12  pack. The 6x8 pack also has laser cuts. I added the seagull and the sail boat to this corner. I also tucked in a couple of butterflies from the Vintage Artistry Coral mini collection. I added some art stones and tucked in some cheese cloth around the layout. I also added tiny pearls to highlight the pattern of the stencil. to complete the layout. 

I hope you are inspired to create a beachy kind of project with this beautiful collection. I see mini albums, explosion boxes and cards with this collection in my future. xo



49 and Market Products Used:

Vintage Artistry Beached 12x12 Collection Pack

Vintage Artistry Beached 6x8 Collection Pack

Beached Wishing Bubbles and Trinkets 

Vintage Artistry Beached Washi Tape

Lacey Trim Cream


 

2 comments:

  1. Had to come to your blog and see the luscious details! The B&W photo looks great on the beachy, sandy colors with pops of pink. Beautifully created! One of your best I would say!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!