Friday, March 20, 2020

"Cherish" 49 and Market..

 Hello Beautiful world! During these very difficult times, I try think of something beautiful. That is when I thought of my friend Heather Jacob. As an artist, you may know her. I wanted to create something for Heather that she would be able to use as a keepsake, because she inspires me so. This is just a little thank you for all of that inspiration. And also for the beautiful conversations we have once in a while. Heather is like a little ray of sunshine on a rainy day. She makes the world a little brighter  with her smile. I have the pleasure of working with her once again.
For this journal, I used the Serendipitous collection. The soothing green colors paired with blue/grays and purples are gorgeous. They are colors Heather uses often. The photo is Heather and her twin sister Lorraine, who she lost  to cancer last year. Tucked inside the journal is a small pink ribbon in memory of Lorraine.


For the spine, I used the 6x6 Archival Board in Treasure. Because it is white, there was no need to prep it before I heat embossed it using Lindy's Stamp Gang Oakleaf Olive embossing powder. It fit perfectly on the spine. The flowers Are Enchanted Petals and Garden Petals in Mint. I simply love the little seed pods in the collection.


For the pages, I used a lot of fussy cut flowers, butterflies  and fern from Vintage Artistry Flora and Fauna paper. I die cut the envelopes that slip into the pocket pages. Each envelope contains a post card sized paper from the serendipitous papers. They can be used for journaling or mounting photos. There are lots of tea dyed papers for photos and journaling as well.


I fussy cut the fern, inked it and adhered it to one of the pages. You can also choose to use elements from 49 and Markets laser cut sheets, All you gave to do is pop them out. But I find it very relaxing to fussy cut.

I chose to frame the beautiful photo of Heather and Lorraine using a resin picture frame I took apart. I lined the inside with the 5 ply jute, to soften the hard line of the frame. I gave the fussy cut butterfly some metal antennae and placed some wishing bubbles on the body.


I chose to use a beautiful soft sheer green ribbon for the closure. I simply tied it in a bow. The journal can be stuffed with sweet memorabilia. There is plenty of room to grow.


I truly enjoyed creating this keepsake for my dear friend. I hope you have all been inspired to share a little love with someone who touches your heart. Lord knows we all need a little unexpected love now and then...xo



49 and Market Products used:
Vintage Artistry 12x12 collection

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift. It's beautiful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful gift, for an even more beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is such a beautiful gift Lisa! Made with so much love and I know Heather will treasure it! Absolutely stunning!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!