Saturday, November 5, 2016

Yvonne Blair Designs/Impression Obsession Stamps featuring Dusty Attic chipboard.

 I am happy to say that I have found my happy spot when it comes to journaling on a layout today. Yvonne Blairs designs for Impression Obsession just made my scrappy time so much easier. Whether you are a card maker, an ATC/Tag artist, or a Scrapbooker, The Card Sentiments set is very versatile. Couple that with other stamps from Yvonne's designs, and you have a journaling spot!
I created this layout. building my papers on corrugated cardboard for a rustic look. I love the stone look of the paper and wanted my layout to have some "weight". I chose my Dusty Attic chipboard "Life is better with Friends"title to compliment the stamped sentiments.



I cut apart a Dusty Attic chipboard from the Nesting Bracket Frame set. Used the bigger side to frame my photo and the smaller side to frame my journaling. This gave the whole layout some balance and continuity. I stamped the words on coordinating patterned paper, cut them apart, inked the edges and rearranged them onto the layout.



Here is a closeup of the opposite side of the layout where I used the other piece of the chipboard to frame my photo. The chipboard was heat embossed using Lindys Stamp Gang embossing powder in Midnight Brown. After it was heat embossed and cooled off, I dabbed a few spots with embossing ink and dusted it with Desert Moon Turquoise and heat embossed it again. This gave it a rustic 2 toned color that looks like stone.

-

I created my own flowers using coordinating paper and mixed them with Prima Marketing Flowers.






I hope you are inspired to grab a few of Yvonne's stamp sets and create your own sentiment by combining different stamps. The possibilities could be endless!! Sit back, have fun and create!



Yvonne Blair Designs/Impression Obsession:








Dusty Attic Chipboard:






Other Products used:

Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Spray

Lindys Stamp Gang Embossing Powder

Prima Marketing Timeless Memories paper

Prima Marketing Flowers French Riviera

Prima Art Basics Art Stones small

Spellbinders Rose Creations die

Sizzix Garden Greens die and tag die








2 comments:

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!