Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Lindys Stamp Gang. Autumn Leaves Spray set.

 Hello Lindy's Lovers!!! Today I want to you to take a look at all of the beautiful color sets in the Lindy's Store. The colors are coordinated for you so there is no guessing on what colors to put together. For this project, I used one of my favorite sets. Autumn Leaves shimmer set. The rich colors of Autumn simply shine though with this set. The colors are warm, and cozy and they simply glow...Here are the colors of Autumn Leaves.


I started with a very neutral patterned paper and mounted it on corrugated cardboard. I distressed the edges of the paper once it was peeled away from the cardboard. I brushed some clear gesso over the paper. Once it was dried, I added texture with modeling paste and a stencil. Once it was dried, I sprayed the layout with water, then added the sprays Autumn Maple Crimson, Red Hot Poker Orange Ponderosa Olive and a splash of Cattail Copper Brown, and watched the colors bleed into one another until I got the blending that I wanted. 


The vines were die cut and sprayed with Ponderosa Olive and a bit of Red Hot Poker Orange.


The blue flowers were sprayed with Tibetan Poppy Teal and the the others were sprayed with Red Hot Poker Orange. To get full coverage and a softer color, I sprayed the flowers with water first. This allowed the sprayed to bleed into the flowers easily.


I love coloring the Art Basics stones with Lindy's spray. I just mixed the stones with Autumn Maple Crimson , Art Basics Soft gel and spread the mixture on my layout using a small spatula.


The Dusty Attic chipboard "Believe" was primed with some white gesso using a heavy coat, then sprayed with Autumn  Maple Crimson.


This is closeup of the textured stenciling. I love how the modeling paste soaks up the color and it also settles on the edges giving it definition.


My photos were manipulated in Photoshop and I purposefully created the composites to match the colors of the Autumn Leaves Spray set.  Sometimes it can be the other way around. But whatever inspires you to use Lindy's colors, just go with that inspiration. You wont be disappointed!!


xoxo
Lisa



1 comment:

  1. Lisa this is gorgeous!! I would LOVE to see this photo before you "manipulated" it!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!