Sunday, July 14, 2013

July Guest Designer for Tresors de Luxe

 I am an avid sewer, and often dig into my lace stash for my layouts once in a while. So when I was introduced to the Tresors de Luxe Etsy store by my good friend Cathi O'neill, I was in heaven!!! And when Lucy Ohanyan (owner) and Cathi asked me to Guest design for Tresors, of course I could not pass up the chance to work with the gorgeous Lace and flowers!!

 My first project I would like to share with you is a 12x12 layout. The lace and the beautiful soft flowers add a girlie elegance to the layout. I did a little bit of soft masking to frame the double photos of my daughter.




I just adore the Tan Grosgrain Ribbon Flower with Decorative Center (FL-011) The smaller Light Pink Velvet and Rhinestone Flower (FL-052) was inked very lightly to blend in with the colors of the other flowers and the papers in the layout.


 This Soft Peach Tulle Flower with Sequins (FL-045)  reminded me of a flower that should adorn a ballerinas headdress. The sequins give it a beautiful sparkle and it just shimmers.


 I am so glad that a lot of the gorgeous Tresors de Luxe lace in my GD package was white or cream. I wanted to give this White Venice Lace (LA-023) a bit of a tea stained vintage look. It was VERY easy. Just a little spritz of Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in Clam Bake Beige and a slight rub of Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, was just what it needed for that vintage old lace look.I had pulled out some old lace in my stash that my grandmother had given me about 35 years ago. Yup...The color is just about the same. Nice to know it can be easily reproduced. Can you imagine the colors you could turn your white and cream lace into?? Oh my..endless possibilities. Of course white and cream colored lace goes with just about everything!!! I am now dreaming of Ombre....the creative wheels in my brain just keep turning.


 I used an older Prima mask to softly ink a circle around the photos. I did a little machine sewing around the photos instead of matting them.


I just added my own flower and Zva Creative leaves to the corner and sewed on a couple of little clamshell buttons on the side. 

Just another view of my layout to show dimension.

Lucy has some gorgeous product in her Etsy shop Tresors de Luxe. The laces are some of the finest I have come across. Come back soon because I am going to share another one of my projects using Tresors de Luxe flowers and lace this month.And dont forget to visit the Tresors de Luxe blog for more inspiration from the Design Team.

6 comments:

  1. This layout is so sweet, smooth and delicate. The lace is to die for. You did a fabulous job displaying the great items of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout, I love lace and this makes quite the statement, your embellishing with the flowers is just a lovely soft touch to it also, pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so gorgeous ! One of those that you want to reach out and touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layout...you did justice to the gorgeous lace and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sweetie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment! Your page is STUNNING! You did a great job with all the gorgeous goodies from Lucy's etsy shop! Always a delight to view your work hon! xo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!