Saturday, June 5, 2021

49 and Market "A Trio of Pop Up Cards"

 Hello Beautiful friends. Today I am displaying a Trio of Cards. Pop up cards! I have been playing with pop ups in cards lately, and I loved creating these 3. Each card took less than 1 12x12 piece of patterned  paper. I covered the front, back and insides of a plain white card. Then I used the scraps to create the small photo mats that pop up inside each card, Each of the cards measure 4x5.5. There are many tutorials on creating the pop ups. I chose to use a die cut set by Karen Burniston. I chose 3 different color schemes for my cards. Blue, pink and green. I pulled out the 3 sheets of cardstock I wanted to use, then went through my stash of flowers and pulled out the ones that matched each paper, then found different elements and ephemera to layer on the cards. They came together pretty easily. And how fun it is to open the card and see the little frames pop open!! I did not place photos on the mats, as I will surely give the cards away! I created each card base using heavy white cardstock and my scoreboard.  But you can buy ready made blank cards if you choose. You could even just cut and fold your patterned cardstock. I like the feel of a bulky card in my hand, so I did some layering on the white card stock base. 


Here is a closeup of the green card. I love the file frames, as they make the perfect mat for a base. I worked everything else around the file frames. 


There are so many possibilities to embellish the pop up frames. Small pieces of ephemera can be used to adorn the squares that will not hold photos. Or you can use photos on all of the frames. Or you can add sentiments or journaling on some, and photos on the rest. It is all up to you. I just thought this was a fun project to use the beautiful papers and embellishments. You could easily use some mixed media technique for more texture on the covers. I wanted to keep them pretty simple because the surprise is on the inside! 

Here is a closeup of the flowers on each of the cards. I used a variety from different packs, but adore how they mix and match!

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired to create your own pop up cards. They don't take much product, but they pack a big punch of creativity! 

49 and Market Products Used:

Blush 12x12 Collection Pack

Vintage Artistry Blush /Poised Paper

Vintage Artistry In Colors Collectors Edition Volume 1 12x12

Vintage Artistry Wedgewood 12x12 Collection Pack

Vintage Artistry Essentials 3x4 File Frame Set

Jute Cording Single Ply

Sugar Posies Tutti Frutti

Enchanted Petals Mint

Sugar Stems Blue Raspberry

Flower Mini Series 01 Cobalt

Garden Petals Flamingo

Wedgewood Layered Embellishments




1 comment:

  1. I really love this clever idea! My goal this year is to do more cards and less of the other. Just to brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!