Tuesday, October 20, 2020

49 and Market Vintage Artistry Sky Collection. "Enjoy The Little Things"

Hello Lovelies. Today I bring to you a layout featuring the Vintage Artistry Sky Collection. The blues in the collection are gorgeous and I wanted to give it a true vintage feel with some distress ink. I edged almost all of the pieces in ink, and used some crackle paste on the window shutters. I absolutely love the Ginger color in the Country blooms flowers for the accent color among the blue. I didn't have to do any distressing on the background paper as it is gorgeous on its own. I did so some white and brown/gold spatters to add to the texture, added some art stones and wishing bubbles. I also used some gold pigment ink to edge a lot of the pieces. 


I used the ephemera in the 6x6 collection and fussy cut all of the pieces. I layered them and created a cluster for the bottom left corner. I created a smaller one for the upper right corner. The little butterflies are the sweetest. I placed an eyelet through the tag and strung some 5 ply jute through the hole. I separated the strands of the jute, and used only 2 strands. I also used a couple of pieces of the beautiful cream lace around the layout to add softness to the vintage look. 


I created a few kites to scatter around the upper part of the layout. I hand cut the shapes, used the 5 ply jute separated, and tied a few smaller pieces in the tails for bows. I used pop dots to pop them off the page and give them life! 


I wanted to portray the feel, of my grandaughter peering out of a window into the beautiful blue sky, and see the things that she loves so much. Butterflies, dragonflies, flowers and kites. These things always put a smile on her face. 


This is a closeup of the kites I created. These are one of my favorite parts of my layout. A little bit of paper and a little bit of jute, created a wonderfully big impact on my layout. 


Tucking some of the leaves and flowers under the shutters gives the layout a little bit more depth. And no matter what angle you look at the layout, it is full of bits and pieces of beauty everywhere. As I hope beauty will remain where ever we all shall go.....

Thank you for joining me today. I hope you are inspired to  create your own layout using any of the Vintage Artistry Collections. 


49 and Market Products Used:

Vintage Artistry Sky 12x12 Collection Pack

Vintage Artistry 6x6 Collection Pack

Serendipitous 12x12 Collection Pack Laser Cuts

Wildflowers Sky

Country Blooms Sky

Sugar Stems Blue Raspberry

Lacey Trims Cream

Jute Cording 5 ply

Country Blooms Ginger

Wishing Bubbles Minty Breeze





1 comment:

  1. I always love viewing your layouts of Charlotte! This one is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!