Sunday, January 5, 2020

Photo Folio with Belly Band Closure / Lisa Gregory

 When I received the Old School Collection from 49 and Market, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. Create a Photo Folio for my grandaughters school pictures. There is also lots of space to document the milestones she  reached in Preschool. There is an awesome book from 2013 by Kathy King AKA The Paper Phenomenon. The book is Mini Interactive Scrapbooks and I use the instructions for the Flipped Out Mini Album. I changed a few things and made it my own style, and that includes the closure. I created a Belly Band to close the mini.  I chose to use a black base to bring out all of the beautiful detail in the patterned papers. The page with the laser cutouts is absolutely awesome for a project like this. You can use so many of the images on the flaps inside of the folio.


The Folio is a trifold and there are lots of pockets to tuck tags and trifold envelopes I created. The middle has a waterfall feature and under each flap is a frame that was fussy cut from one of the Captured Adventures paper. I used the images in the laser cut sheet to adorn each flap on the waterfall, as well as the pocket on the right.


This is the outside of the Folio. I absolutely love this paper. It really didn't need any adornment except for the closure.


Under each flap of the waterfall, you will find a cut out from the Captured Adventures collection. It is in the Backer sheet, which is an  Extra Bonus Page (Located on Backside of Cover Sheet) Awesome bonus, as it has 6 polaroid style frames I cut out and used under each flap. Just cut out a small photo and adhere it to each frame.

Underneath the last waterfall flap is a fold out that can be used for more photos and journaling. The next 2 photos show it closed, then untied and opened.


In each of the 4 pockets created on the Folio, I have made tags and an envelope with closure  that opens up for more journaling or photos.


The envelope opens up like another trifold and the tags were die cut using a thick heavy card stock  and the patterned paper was adhered to the tops. I strung some hemp cord through the holes.

I wanted a pretty simple closure, and felt that a belly band would be perfect. It just slips on and off of the Folio. The flowers and Wishing Bubbles completed the front of the Folio, and I left the back and sides of the belly band plain because I didn't want to cover the beauty of the pattern on the paper.



Thank you for joining me this week. I hope that you are inspired to create an off the page project such as this Photo Folio. As much as I love to create layouts, mini albums and folios are also one of my favorites to create.

Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, wow I love this.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing , the colors You used are so lovely
    I have a question, I can no longer post my blog on fb. that's why I created a new blog. I have been following your blog for some time, would you also like to follow me?
    My blog is corryscardandcreations
    Hugs corry

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!