For the background, I mounted a white piece of card stock onto a piece of cardboard for stability, then covered it with gel medium. After it dried, I used Lindys Stamp Gang color mists alternating with sprays of water until I achieved the color saturation and design I wanted. I did some masking using Gabrielle Pollacco's new stencil with Dusty Attic Texture Paste on random spots, and sprayed it again till the color fell into the cracks.For the background I used Lindys Fuzzy Naval Peach, Magnolia Magenta Gold and Alpine Ice Rose Starburst Sprays.
I prepared the feather with a VERY light coat of white gesso. When it dried, I heat embossed embossing powder in couple of layers in a couple of different colors. I then took a white wash coating of gesso and wiped it after applying it. This gave it a metallic look with a hint of patina created by age.
I created layers of distressed patterned paper, burlap, cheese cloth, and jute to mat my photo. I distressed the edges of the mat papers with my Zutter Distrezz It All. The mat papers are Prima Debutante.
Once the flowers were all placed on the layout, I dry brushed a bit of gesso over them as well to tie them into into the layout. I used all Prima flowers from different collections on this layout.
Here is another closeup of the other feather showing more detail in the pattern. Since the embossing ink didn't touch the grooves, they stayed free of embossing powder, and the powder just blew away during the heating process leaving the detailed pattern of the feather intact. The wash of gesso settled in the grooves and it created an old worn metal look.I used Lindys Stamp Gang Hibiscus Rose Orange with a bit of Pumpkin Fiesta and Geranium Coral Blush embossing powders.
I heat embossed the Love This Arrow after it was primed with white gesso, then used Lindys Stamp Gang Hibiscus Rose Orange Embossing Powder. Sometimes I give it a second coat and that creates a deeper texture with the embossing powder.
Here is a detailed look at the layers of the photo mat. To achieve dimension and height, I adhered small pieces of corrugated cardboard between each layer. This technique is less expensive than using pop dots and I always have cardboard readily available.
The Vine Frame was snipped in half and heat embossed with Lindys Stamp Gang Hibiscus Rose Orange Embossing Powder after giving it a coat of gesso. This allows the color to be more opaque than transparent.
Thank you for joining me this week. Grab some Dusty Attic chipboard to bring your projects to life.
Dusty Attic Products:
Truly beautiful page, Lisa! And I love what it represents to you. The soft pinks are gorgeous, I'd love to be able to create a page like this, you have such an amazing talent! xxxReplyDelete