Friday, March 20, 2015

BoBunny "Safari"..Layout

One of the newest collections from BoBunny is called Safari. It is perfect for creating those projects with photos from trips to the zoo, petting zoo's, the aquarium, African Safari's and even scrapping those "ferocious" pets that roam our domestic domain!!! In this case, it is exactly what I did. My "wild beasts" names are Willow (Moo-Moo) and Bentley. Once a week I give them tuna fish. Between the 2, they split a can, eat it all, then fall into what we call a "Tuna Coma". They sleep sleep sleep, and when awake, they don't move from their respective spots. It is funny.


The flowers were die cut using a Sizzix Black-Eyed Susan die. I layered about 3 layers for each flower. I rolled a thin strip of patterned paper tightly using my quilling tool, creating a circle for the middle. Then I used the tiny stars included in the die and adhered 4 or 5 to each middle. I fussy cut the leaves from the Safari Palms paper, and tucked them under my floral clusters.


The Safari Jungle paper was pieced under my cut outs from the Safari paper I used for the background. I just ripped and curled the edges back. I inked the edges of the curls. The Aquarium sign was created from a Safari Noteworthy piece that was mounted on corrugated cardboard for dimension. I used the brick stamp from the Wall to Wall stamp set in various places.


I used a Sizzix die for the frames.  I layered the frames lightly and used the floral clusters around the frames.  Creating a kind of jungle look. I used different patterns from the 6x6 paper pad.

 
I love the all of the signs on the background paper and didn't want to cover them, so I worked around them. I did some tearing and tucking around the layout. To create the fringy leaves, I used scraps, hand cut the leaves and then just fringe cut them with scissors.


This is a closeup of the side view of my flower. I love the blue color of the Safari Outback paper. So distressed and yummy. I love the crackled rusty look of it


One of the wonderful things  about checking out the collections on the Bo bunny website, is if you  choose a collection, it will also suggest coordinating BoBunny items to use with each collection. Check out Safari, and see what else goes wonderfully to enhance your choices. The colors from other collections go together perfectly. This expands your possibilities.


Bo Bunny products:
Patterned Paper 12x12: Outback, Jungle, Safari, Palms/ Safari
6x6 paper pad: Safari
Noteworthy: Safari
Stamps: Wall To Wall
Ink Pad: Double Dot  Licorice


5 comments:

  1. How ADORABLE Lisa! I LOVE the story about the Tuna Coma - cats are hilarious! I really love the crackled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lisa! Thans for sharing this wonderful layout. My Safari papers were supposed to arrive yesterday... I cannot wait to play with them. Your layout will be a great inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute my darling friend...I did giggle about the wild animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! Your layout is making me laugh!!! I never thought to use this paper for my DOMESTIC animals!!! Thanks for making me think that way! LOVE LOVE LOVE your layout! Hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, This is my first visit to your lovely blog. Luv your latest creation AND the Black-Eyed Susan die, going check it out on Internet.
    Happy Week-end,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!