Friday, July 11, 2014

Book in a Book featuring BoBunny Off The Page Project.

I am up on the BoBunny Blog this week with my Off The Page Project. I  had an unfinished paper mache book that I purchased at Hobby Lobby for $1.00 and was saving for a special project. Enchanted Garden was the perfect paper collection to use. The jewel tones almost makes it look like a jewelry box. The parts that were exposed I painted with a metallic rub to match the paper.I used one of the cutouts for the cover. I used a little burlap underneath before I used pop dots to raise the butterfly paper. Perfect book page image for a book cover. That one paper image that I cut from the patterned paper gave me the idea to do this project. A book within a book. 


 On the spine I adhered one of the stickers from the sticker combo pack. It fit perfectly.


When the book is laying on its back, it looks like a little treasure chest.


I lined the inside of the box using Double Dots paper in Caribbean. I created a mini album to place inside the book.I wanted to keep a monochromatic color for the cover. The Kraft wood pieces were coated with the same metallic rub I used on the book box. I added the dragonfly image cut from the patterned paper to the back of the small wood frame. I added a brad to  one of the crocheted flowers to match the others. I colored some ribbon and strung it through brads I placed on the front and back covers.


The inside pages were all lined with different papers from Enchanted Garden. The blues and greens are so dreamy.


 For the binding of the mini album, I used a piece of Grunge Board and used Viva Metallic Rub to color it. The Grungeboard is flexible and is perfect for the spine.


 On a couple of the pages, I created some waterfall features to add journaling or photos.
 Just another shot of my book in a book. I really enjoyed creating this project using Enchanted Garden. I plan to fill my mini with wishes and dreams.


Thank you for joining me this week. Be sure to head on over to the BoBunny Blog to see what Ilene and Rhonda have created working Off The Page!!!

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Romance, Moonlight, Enchanted Garden, Periodical, Fairies/ Enchanted Garden
6x6 Paper Pad:  Enchanted Garden
Card stock: Caribbean/Double Dot
Blossoms: Clover Dahlia
Brads: Lil Monster
Kraft Wood Shapes: Elegant

Other Supplies:
Grunge Board
Metallic rub
seam binding
burlap
pop dots
tacky glue
brads
paper mache book box

2 comments:

  1. So lovely! What a gorgeous mini. Grungeboard for the spine, great idea :)

    Love your work my friend, always an inspiration to me <3

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!