Friday, June 20, 2014

BoBunny Somewhere In Time...


 I have been dabbling in  lot of mixed media lately. My BoBunny  assignment gave me the perfect opportunity to do more. I used  lot of soft inking to give the papers a worn antique look. I inked just about everything on the page. I also used a mask and some molding paste randomly on the background, then misted it using the brand new Lindys Flat Fabio tilt a wheel teal to match the papers. I also randomly splashed some of it onto the background.


I created my own flowers from the patterned paper to coordinate perfectly. The rolled roses are so easy. Just cut spirals into a circle and ink the edges, then roll them up. The others flowers were all die cut from various dies. I gave the rolled roses a spritz of Lindys Tilt  wheel teal to enhance the color of the Double Dots paper.


I also used a bit of fabric burlap under the photo mat. Did some punching on the paper edges and some machine sewing around the photomat. I also did a bit of fussy cutting the clock and flowers from the patterned  paper and tucked  them into the flower cluster and under the photo mat.


Sometimes I find  pretty butterfly images in my patterned paper and I want more than 1 or 2 butterflies to match my papers perfectly. Sometimes I want them in different sizes. So I scan the image of the butterfly on my scanner in large format. 300dpi or larger. Then I upload to my computer, bring it into Photoshop and create the butterflies in different sizes. Just be sure to use this for personal use only, remembering this is copyrighted art work. But if you want 10 butterflies, you wont have to buy 10 papers just to fussy cut them. The butterfly in this layout was one I created in a file. 


 Thanks for stopping by today!!
{{{hugs}}}

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned paper: Somewhere in Time/ Timeless, Chrononaut, Memento
Double Dot: Caribbean
Combo Stickers: Somewhere in Time

5 comments:

  1. Love the photo of Gabby they are just getting so big! Love the flowers always and love this collection. So, so pretty!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. < 3 <3 <3 so pretty Lisa, love your textures and clusters. The flowers are awesome!

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous...you are still the flower lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally found the word to describe you - Bohemian!! Love your yellows and teals on this page, it's just amazing

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!