Friday, November 8, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance November kit reveal. The Thankful Kit...

 In the month of November in the United States, we have Thanksgiving. I give thanks to everything that I have every single day. And one of those things I am thankful for  is having the talent to create art for some of the most wonderful companies in the world. Scraps of Elegance is one of them. So keeping with the theme of Thankfulness,  I have chosen to create my first layout as an All About Me Page. Me, as an artist. Head on over to Scraps Of Elegance and grab the Thankful kit, or better yet, go Subscribe so that you will never miss another beautiful kit!! You'll be Thankful that you did.


  I love the richness of the colors in all of the papers in the kit!! They are bold, rich, and beautiful!!. Blue and brown remain one of my fave color combos, and throw in a hint of orange and green and it just pops!!


I always order the card stock add on in a kit. You can use it for matting, die cuts and of course FlOWERS!! And you all know how much I love creating flowers. I enhanced the beautiful colors of the card stock using Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze. For the orange flowers I used Apricot Nectar. For the blue flowers I used Celadon. The flowers were all die cut from the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die.
 

I also love leaf dies of any kind. I have quite the arsenal. But I particularly love the CottageCutz leafy Foliage die. I die cut it using the blue card stock in the add on kit and rubbed on some Viva Colour Metallic rub in Green.

 
I love the Websters Pages Storytellers alphabet sticker sheet in the kit!!


Of course I have a love for Zva Creative flourishes. I am still hoarding the ones I recieved when I was on the DT!! Love them!! I added the bigger pearls from my own stash to match the lace that came in the kit.

 
Just a different angle to part of the layout.

 
And just a couple of closeups of the flowers I created using the card stock from the add on kit. I did add the sweet Prima flowers to the middles. Those were in the kit!! And the larger pearls were from my stash. They are the same ones I added to the Zva flourishes.


 Thanks for coming for a visit. Be sure to visit Scraps Of Elegance and see what the other designers are creating with the Thankful Kit. You will be pleasantly inspired!!!


6 comments:

  1. I love this :) it really is bright the blue orange and green work so well together. Who,would think brown for such a happy page, but man it works :) I love making flowers one of my fave things to do.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty, Lisa! I always love your creations and flowers!
    hUGZ, Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on this and every other layout you created for us! Gorgeous work from a gorgeous lady! Thank you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, those colors really pop without competing with each other..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely collection and fun color combination to get creative with

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. The colours are so bold and vivid and a gorgeous photo too!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!