Thursday, September 12, 2013

BoBunny Style Swap

I have the most wonderful BuBunny Assignment this time around. Well, they are actually all wonderful. But this one is extra wonderful for me. I had to do my project based on the style of another BoBunny Designer. Well some of you know that Gabrielle Pollacco has been a huge inspiration to me in scrapbooking. Her style is unique and like no other, so I decided to do Gabrielle's  style. I pulled bits and pieces from her trademark signs, but the thing that always impresses me is the way she can take a holiday themed paper and use it in a non holiday way. I must admit that I have the hardest time creating with Holiday themed papers, so using the Silver And Gold Collection was awesome for me. Can you tell that it is Christmas paper?? If you can't, then I did my job well....


 This is a closeup of the photo of my paternal grandparents on their wedding day. I chose to use a scalloped border and using a Uniball while pen, creating  the little dots on each scallop like Gabi does.


I freehand cut the hearts and did a little sewing around each one.


  I did a pullback with the paper which Gabi did a video on, and used one her signiture butterflies as if the butterfly was pulling back the paper.


I love the BoBunny doilies, as they come in 3 sizes. I used the smaller one and cut it in half for this little cluster. I used the medium one to  mat my photo.  I die cut the leaves from the extra paper left over, and rubbed them with a little Viva Inka Gold in Green. I love that the pattern still shines through giving the leaves a little textured look to them. To grunge up my holiday paper I used some BoBunny stamps on it.


All of the flowers are from BoBunny. I love them!!


Here is the medium sized doily that mats the back of my layered photo cluster. I just inked the edge a bit using a foam applicator for softness.


I created the little banners using the paper I trimmed off of the top paper and used the opposite side.
 

I printed up the journaling in Photoshop, ran it through the printer on the patterned paper, trimmed the words, inked the edges and adhered them to my layout. 


So there you have it. A layout done in the style of Gabrielle Pollaco. Thank you Gabrielle for the inspiration you give me every time I visit your blog  Such a Pretty Mess...

                                                          BoBunny Products Used:
BoBunny Blossoms-Harvest Orange Daisy
BoBunny Doilies-Small and Medium
BoBunny Trinkets-Silver and Gold Collection
BoBunny Stamps-Stained Textures
BoBunny Silver And Gold papers-Gold & What a Guy/Gold & Gift Shoppes
BoBunny  DoubleDot Designs paper-Chocolate


Here is one of the Gabrielles pages that inspired me... LOOK HERE

10 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, I would not have even thought this was christmas papers, not at all.. love the flowers, the hearts and the doileys too.. lovely photo beautifully scrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi lisa!!!

    Parabéns seu LO ficou fantástico!!! Belíssimo!!!

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got Gabriella's style down to a "T" Perfectly done Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did for the style swap Lisa.. your layout is gorgeous! I love how you chose to use a Christmas collection to do a non-holiday layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! And if you didn't say it I never would've thought holiday paper :) Gabrielle is amazing isn't she? But then again, so are you!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful as always and I can see lots of just your style in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea these were Christmas papers! Love the Gabby style "married" to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea these were Christmas papers! Love the Gabby style "married" to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me thinks you did more than your job, this is brilliant Lisa! Would not in a million years have guessed it's Chrissie paper! Also I adore Gabrielle's style and this is absolutely gorgeous! hugs and kisses,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layouts!!! I was wondering what die cut do you use to make the leaves/vine? I don't have one and I really like yours on this layout. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!