Sunday, March 13, 2011

Quiet Strength

I felt like doing a LO with delicate warm spring colors. I wanted flowers and vines and a feeling of serenity. Spring is a time of renewal. And after a long and busy winter, I need renewed strength. But I am usually pretty quiet when it comes to complaining about being tired. You wont hear me whine..So I call this LO "Quiet Strength". I close my eyes, take a deep breath of the clean spring air and feel renewed. My life is still running in the fast lane at the moment..I must remember to pace myself. and as I sat in my scrap room today, working on this LO, I already felt stronger. At least until tomorrow morning when I am back to work...go go go..That will be me. All I can do is hope. Hope that peace will soon prevail...

Love the new Susan Winget K and Company papers. Birds, butterflies, dragonflies and flowers. The colors are beautiful!! The pattern is Botanical.
Did my Corner Punch Circle technique on this one. Placed some May Arts vine ribbon around it and dotted it with some Liquid Pearls.
Made some of my "Savage Beauties" except made little rosettes for the middles.
I used the pretty chip board from the Botanical Collection.
I just got the Ornamental Iron cartridge for my Cricut Expression . It is beautiful!! I cut the gate, although the card stock wasn't stuck to the mat all the way and it tore a little on top of the gate so I had to cut out a scroll. It still looks good. The Swirly Vines are the ones I share at Swirlydoos. You just download, print and cut.
This is a closeup of the flowers. I added 2 layers of flowers from my Alterations Tattered Florals Die for the large flower. Inked it and wet distressed it slightly before shaping them .

12 comments:

  1. You nailed "serene". You have a great eye for balance and natural flow. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is such a peacefull layout with that photo :) it is gorgeous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! That corner punch is just perfect for your circle technique! Thank you so much for all the inspiration!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to pick up a corner punch and try your fun circle technique...i just luv it...your flowers leaves and,well, everything here is just perfect...you look as if you've been renewed...yay you! I understand, as do most of us about the fast lane in life...good for you for taking a breath...at least until tomorrow...have a blessed week...sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page. I haven't used my Orn Iron cart yet but hope to soon! Love the gate on your LO and the swirl looks great. I am expecting my new Imagine to arrive the weekend and can't wait to see everything it will do! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing your beautiful layouts and all the hints and techniques for the flowers and vines.. i really appreciate all that you share.. i just love poppin in here, and seeing what you have created.. always come away inspired...thank you..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every single LO is a piece of art! You really did this one so beautifully. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Love that pack, too. ;o)
    I just got mine. Such a pretty layout.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa that is such a beautiful pic of you! I love the peaceful feel of this lo..just gorgeous! You amaze me with your handmade flowers. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa! I wanted to stop by and say thank you!!!!...For your sweet comments about my latest layout...And I am so happy to hear that you are also documenting your life the same way I have stareted to :) We forget just how quickly we forget..It will be nice one day for us, or someone who loves us, to be able to look back at all the moments of our lives...Thank you again for your beautiful words...You warm my heart :)
    Gorgeous page - btw!!! Hugs!
    Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lisa

    A big thank you for all these beautiful flowers tutorials
    Your page is wonderful, I love your work

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!