Monday, March 21, 2011

Clara

I was honored to be left the family albums in my mother in laws personal will. She knew how much preserving memory meant to me. I will cherish each and every memory that each photo holds. And I will start to scrap copies of the beautiful photo's. This one is my mother in law taken in 1951. She sure was gorgeous. She loved butterflies and Easter was her favorite holiday besides Christmas for obvious reasons. I wanted to reflect her memory with the colors of Easter, as she passed away during Lent. This LO was done for the Round Robin Challenge at Swirlydoos. It was pure therapy creating this LO. I used parts of 2 Spotlight kits from Swirlydoos. Annalee and Fairy Flora. Both kits are gorgeous!!
The circle is punched with a Martha Stewart corner punch and dotted with Prima crystals.
I painted Dusty Attic with Lumiere paint and did journaling on a Prima Fairy Flora journal card. I created the flowers using my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die and my Swirly Hibiscus Flower Tutorial.
I used 2 of Martha Stewart's deep edge punches and wove some ribbon through it. I painted the Thickers letters with Lumiere paint. I stickled the butterflies. I used some old satin to make the yoyo flowers and sewed some old buttons for the centers. The larger flower was made using my Swirly Hibiscus tutorial. I used Rum Punch Glimmer Mist to color the cream card stock. and Inked the edges in an olive colored ink.

13 comments:

  1. What a fantastic tribute to your Mother-In-Law.Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is very nice and a beautiful tribute to your mom
    I wanted to tell you that I am very sad for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I am sure she would have loved the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is a beautiful tribute to your mother in law. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in October and its been hard but scrapping has helped me too!

    BTW - I made a layout today using your faux scrabble tiles and wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful tutorials you share!!

    http://paperdaisydreams.blogspot.com/2011/03/spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout. It's so nice to have family photo's that you will treasure. I'm hoping you got my package by now?
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. She was truly beautiful. This is such a beautiful tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. Thanks for the tutorials on the sidebar. I'm going to need them to keep up with you!! Kidding, I don't know if I could but I may try. Beautiful tribute, very sorry for your family's loss. Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. t is a very beautiful, but still the feeling of love that reflects. I love your blog and your work, but now that I've been reading carefully I found you, although I have not really trabajdo lot with the pictures of my mother, she was three years ago and even I can not sit with your photos .. . greetings !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tribute to a special lady. May God hold you and your family in His arms during this time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a stunning layout and photo...such a beautiful lady...what a blessing to be left with such a treasure as the family albums...that is truly priceless..tho I can see why your family felt you were the best keeper of the treasure...the beautiful layouts you create with these wonderful memories will be something your entire family can share as well as the honor you show those that came before with such exquisite and masterful pieces of art to hold their moments in time captive for future generations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. A wonderful tribute to your mother in law!! I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!