Monday, March 7, 2011

March Swirly Girls Challenge ***Strictly Homemade***

If you have ever hung out at Swirlydoos, you will know there is always a challenge or 2 or 3 going on. And they are wonderful to get your mojo going. Peggy who has been with Swirlydoos since it's inception, is the hostess with the mostest!! She does an awesome job hosting challenges for us!! Well, I try to join as many challenges as possible, but as a designer, mine are for inspiration only.
This Layout was done for Peggy's challenge "Strictly Homemade"...Go check it out. There are many tutorials in the Tips Tricks and Techniques section to make your own embellies. There are files of butterflies, birds, leaves and flourishes. All for anyone to download and use. And every month I add more. I used this months Cabaret Kit to create this LO.


I call this LO Bloom II, because I used this pic a couple of years ago on a LO I named Bloom.. I love this photo of my daughter.
I made the Prima inspired Sugar Letters. I used the tiny Prima script stamp from the kit. You can follow the tutorial HERE. I made the ribbon and pearl trim. I gathered a piece of ribbon on my sewing machine and sewed it on to the punched card stock, then tacked the string of pearls over the ribbon.
I created the vine using wire and Martha Stewart Floral tape. I love that tape the best. I printed leaves from a file that can be found HERE and wrapped them as well.
The butterflies were scanned from BG Curio paper and a file was created with different sizes. I used Rock Candy Stickles to enhance.
Close up of the flower. Just a variation of some of my tutorials using my Tattered Flowers die. I used the Smooch ink that came in the kit to enhance the card stock color and make it shimmer.
I did some sewing around the page close to the punched edge. I used a Sizzix Sizzlets die for the butterfly trail. I really enjoyed this months Kit Cabaret. Until i finish the next one, i hope you are inspired to create your own embellishments.

5 comments:

  1. this is so gorgeous and all the details are so amazing WOW !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA girl! This layout has TONS of awesome handmade goodness and every one of them is fabulous. So many great ideas to inspire. Thanks Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic challenge and total fab outcome!!!!! Love the creations of ribbon/pearls and flowers and vine! Easy peasy idea of scanning the butterflies ...which can be made with any paper! I love this site for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as always.. I absolutely love that you made so many of the embellishments yourself.. Thats where the true talent is..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!