Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Swirlydoos kit "CABARET" and Reveal Day!!

A new month has arrived, and that means a Reveal Day for Swirlydoos. I am a day late blogging about it. But here we go. Cabaret is The March kit from Swirlydoos. Brand new Prima paper. Moulin Rouge!! So rich in color. And the embellishments that perfectly coordinate are equally as rich..If you are lucky to subscribe to the add on kits, they are a feast for the eyes and full of brand new product, fresh out of Winter CHA..And then there are the specialty items. Like the gorgeous Crystal dangle that came in the kit...Stunning. Krissy manages to find one of a kind pieces for the kits. I am working on the technique kit at the moment...Another beautiful project!!So here are my first 4 from the kit. I have 2 more marinating on my scrap desk. I like to spread the rest of my layouts among the month. The swirly girls (AND DOODE!!) think that it's a treat when we scrap along side them. Yes I said DOODE!! We have enticed Scrapman, to join us in our madness in Swirlyville..He is adorable and funny, and a fresh face in our community!! I invited him to come and check us out after Shona mentioned him in one of the threads in the forum. Didnt seem right to talk about a scrapper behind his back. Glad to have you Phil!!! Here is to many more late nights with the DOODE...
Ok on to my LO's...
****************************************************************************************

This first one was inspired by February's Prima BAP (build a page). I vowed to do the BAP every month this year. I missed the January deadline due to my work schedule, but I will still do it. I love the vine in the kit. They are my favorite Prima flower. I ordered about 10 of them in different colors in the Swirlydoos store. I think I have each of the colors now. And I ordered a few of the white ones so that I can color them myself. And because I like to recycle and reuse, I die cut the leaf vines from the Prima Flower backing. It is way to pretty to throw away! And it did match the LO as well. Then there are the Prima Masks. I ordered one of each one at the Swirlydoos Store as well...Oh my are they ever beautiful!! I used one of them on the corner of this LO. Isnt it pretty?? The detail is incredible. I used Glimmer mist to color it. The photo's are my wedding photo's. 25 years ago...


The letters were die cut with my Cuttlebug using the Quickutz Storybook die. The tiny letters were created in Microsoft Word, cut apart and inked.

This is a close up of the wonderful Prima mask. I used Glimmer Mist on it. The detail is just stunning.
The flower is a tutorial I just did. I call it the Swirly Hibiscus and I will folow up tomorrow with the tutorial here on my blog. Right now check it out in the tips section at Swirlydoos. The leaves were die cut using a Sizzix die, and I used the Prima Flower packaging for them. I inked them a bit for dimension. I also Glimmer Misted some green over them as well.
A close up of the vine and the frames for the photo's are a Sizzix die as well. I used chipboard and colored them with Distress Crackle paint and using a foam applicator pressed some Chestnut Roan chalk ink into the cracks.

This one has that color green I really love. Like Peridot. The picture was edited in Photoshop using Florabella's new action LuxeII and TexturesIII...I am a Florabella addict. They add the best touches to your photo's.
Once again the Swirly Hibiscus Flower. But this time I used Moonshadow Mists and Glimmer Mist to color the cream paper. The colors are stunning in real life. And very shimmery. The butterfly is from last months kit file.
I colored the Thickers letters in the kit with Lumiere Metallic Paint. I just love the way that paint glimmers.
Closeups of the vine and the flowers. I love the sheet of chipboard embellies in one of the add on kits. So many of them!!
This layout is my take on the sketch this month. Each month the fabulous Beggahuna creates a sketch for the kit. In my opinion, she is the best sketch artist out there in the scrapping community. We are lucky to have her on our Design Team. The feathers in the kits are gorgeous. The ostrich feathers are so elegant!!
The purple flower was made with the card stock add on paper and colored with Glimmer Mist. The same mist was used to color the beautiful trim in the kit.
Gabrielle on her 19th Birthday..The time goes by very quickly. Soon enough she will be graduating a chef at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary arts. She will be a Top Chef!!

Last is a LO of the cabin that we stayed at in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Boy is it ever beautiful. The pic is a view of the side of the cabin. And it snowed the last 2 days we were there. How exciting it was for Gabrielle to see snow for the first time in her life. The mountains are gorgeous in Colorado. The luxury Cabin is a blast. And we get to do it all again in a few months. I cant wait!! Gabbie took some pictures of me in the snow as well.


Well, that is it for tonight. I will upload the others as I go along. Go visit Swirlydoos to see what the Design Team Members have also done with this fabulous kit!! I love working along side such a fabulous Team!!



4 comments:

  1. All your work this month is gorgeous! I love how you used the MS big scallop punch. Going to have to try that out!
    Can't wait to see that cabin in person.

    Hugs~
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all amazing and gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much to share...so much to see!
    Everything is just truly stunning! Really!
    My fav are all the colors!!!! Yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!