Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hop Off....Someday...


So many of you ask me all of the time. How do you do it Lisa, how do you do so much for the scrap community and in your own life with a full time job, a family and getting anything done for your self. I'm always upfront and straight-forward in letting people know I don't have it together. In fact, I'm making it up (and making it work) as I go along. I guess it works. I get things done. Sometimes I have to stop and tell myself to slow down...Pace yourself...The world keeps on spinning, and sometimes...just sometimes...you have to Hop Off. I thought, Today is that day. I sat in the cool breeze of the evening in my back yard just a few hours ago. It was so quiet, the sun was getting ready to go down. I took in a few deep breaths of crisp pre summer air...It felt good in my lungs. What did I do today I asked myself..Well, I uploaded layouts for Swirlydoos reveal day, answered my email, I participated in a Heartfelt Creations Design Team Blog Hop, I did laundry...I finished up my layout for the new HC Dutch Iris Collection and uploaded to the Design Team blog, posted with instructions and I did dishes...I edited some photo's from a recent photoshoot and updated the Swirlydoos blog for reveal day, I called Gabbie and talked for a while and I made lunch for Steve, then mopped the floors. I went in my scrap room to clean up and organize a little and ended up starting another layout with this months kit until it was time to start dinner..I was chasing daylight once again. By the time I figured it was time to Hop off, it was time to go to bed. So maybe tomorrow, the seventh day, which is the sabbath, I will slow down the pace a bit.Well after I make Sunday breakfast, upload Layout Of The week, do the breakfast dishes and start to wash another load of laundry... oh wait, today was Sabbath...Lord give me peace...Good night...

2 comments:

  1. I was reading this post and thought to myself NOOOO!!! She can't leave!! I so greatly enjoy your blog!! Heck I am almost tempted to join swirlydoos.. I just really enjoy your blog soooo much! You are super sweet and nice. Most bloggers don't take the time to comment on others blogs but you do! Always a wonderful comment to give to another person. (that you don't even know) I have only one friend that enjoys the craft as much as I do (that lives close)and so to me this blogging community means a lot! It is my excape from some really tough things that I have been going through personally.. I feel that you seem a little down, and overwelmed. Take breaks just DON'T GO AWAY!!!!!PLEEEASE! OK by now ya probably think I am truely a wierdo! LOL I'm not I promise! And I know that I am not the only one that would miss your blog!! Girl friend you got 400+ people that I bet feel the same way!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are definitely a super woman, but do take time for yourself. I just discovered your blog and Swirlydoos because of it - you're a real inspiration and I hope you'll stay around for awhile but hope you'll take time for yourself when needed. Your "fans" will understand.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!