Sunday, October 23, 2011

Swirlydoos "Midnight Waltz" reveal...



We are getting ready to reveal Swirlydoos October Kit "Midnight Waltz".. But with my work schedule this last month,(flu season) and the typhoon holding our product hostage, I got a late start on my DT layouts. But I think with November, we will be back on track and so will I...So, here is my first layout...I have a 2nd that will reveal on Wednesday as I used this beautiful kit for my Heartfelt Creations reveal. And I will upload a 3rd one today as soon as the sun comes out for a visit. Number 4 is sitting on my desk almost done. Thank you everyone for being soooo patient during Swirlydoos crazy schedule during the last 2 months. It has been a wild ride...

And OH.....I am sitting on a butterflies lair (is there such a thing??) Well they are fluttering in my tummy with excitement...(no I am not pregnant)... But I have some very exciting news to share with you soon!!!

Midnight Waltz has the beautiful papers from Glitz and Kaisercraft. They go so well together.
I chose to use the lighter side of all of the papers except for 1 layout.

I created the flowers from the beautiful bkue card stock in the cardstock add on kit. I used my McGill punch for the petals, layered them, then added the roses in the kit to the middles. The leaves is a Spellbinders die that I used Glimmer mist on the buttery yellow card stock to color, then inked them up a bit. The butterflies are from the file I created for the kit.

I did a little machine sewing along the scalloped edge of the paper. A small cluster of flowers from the kit adorn the corner.

I used the Prima brick stamp randomly on the page. It was bright warm sunny day the day we took these pictures. The song just stuck in my head.


This is my kitty Willow..he is actually 12 years old. He is an indoor cat, but once in a while when I go out to the lanai, he loves to go out with me. He quickly finds a patch of grass on the wood porch to lie near and chew on. Then he eats it till there is nothing but a nub...My Willow...


I fell in love with Tania Martyns layout in the color room. I love how she did the journaling, so I lifted the idea.
Link
I used my Tattered florals die for the base of the big flower and the smaller flowers were done with my McGill flower punch. I just layered the petals to form the flower. You know how much I love this Heartfelt Creations leaf die. Sprayed with Glimmer Mist and inked with chalk ink for dimension.

I have a gazillion eyelets. I use them once in a while. But Natasha Naranjo uses them all of the time and I love it!! So I was inspired. More eyelets on my layouts...

I did a little sewing on the page. And punched out a few sweet Martha Stewart butterflies.


Here is a file for the butterflies. Just right click on them to make the file bigger, save to your computer and print them out. My favorite size to print is 5 x 7 . I generally print on 110 lb cardstock, cut them out and use rock candy paint or stickles on them. But you can print them out on transparency and double layer them over a card stock printed one. I will do a tutorial on this method.

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh! This is so pretty. And I looooove the blues! Maybe I will do some LO's ahead and wait to add the photos when my little man is born.

    I am sorry to hear that your are so busy at work! I guess, one cannot wash hands often enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! the flowers and the buterflies are so pretty; congratulations from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful layout Lisa - the blues in the papers are wonderful. I just love the flowers though. (So lovely to meet another "flower" girl!).

    I hope your schedule becomes a bit easier soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Lisa this is breathtaking, love the flowers and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding Lisa! I love how you melded all the beautiful papers and colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful creation Lisa :) love your flowers as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS work with this kit!!! I love how you worked with the lighter papers! Just beautiful....and your blooms!!! Love these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blue papers and elements in both layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how beautiful... i get so much inspiration from you and i really appreciate that you put so many close ups and details on your posts..and also the file for the butterflies.. i have found a place in australia that sells heartfelt creations products and have recently bought some.. so thank you for inspiring me to use them, they are really beautiful products.. and thank you again for an amazing layout.. love it all..

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous pages! beautiful beautiful works!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pages, Lisa! I love the flowers and the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omgosh girl..amazing work!! I can't wait to see more work from you!! love the blues...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely creation. Also, thank you for download. I love butterflies1

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!