Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Heartfelt Creations Wednesday ***10-5-11***

Happy Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!! I cant believe how the weeks are just flying by...
Autumn is upon us, and for some of the lucky ones, they are in, or close to being in the midst of an Autumn Splendor show!! Unfortunately, I live in a state where there are 4 seasons...Summer, Summer, Summer and Summer..No falling red, yellow or Orange leaves. Yes, I may get that crisp morning air smell some mornings, or the occasional scent of burning leaves, or the smell of a fireplace that is blazing in someones family room. Oh How I miss the northern season!!
Fortunately, Heartfelt Creations has created stamps that allow my imagination to take flight. To create the vision in my head. The vision of AUTUMN. With all of the colors in all of it's glory. And even though the picture of my beautiful daughter was taken mid summer in 90 degree heat...the colors in the photo echoed Autumn. So I created this layout around the photo and its rich Autumn colors.
Please visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see more beautiful creations from the Fabulous Design Team.


I opted for a postcard style background. I did a tutorial so that you can create your own. Very easy...

Just a closeup of the flowers. The Aztec Sunflower stamp is so beautiful that you don't even have to create a middle for it. But you know me..I like fluffy flowers!

I coupled the flowers with the gorgeous leaf stamps. Then colored them with Glimmer Mist and Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Mist. I edged the flowers with Stickles in Paprika.

I used the tutorial for the Faux Scrapbook Letters. To get small letters, I printed the sheets in 4 x 6 size. They are perfect for smaller titles. I used distress ink in Spiced Marmalade to ink the edges. The color was perfect match with the papers.

I misted a Wilton Doily. I think I picked up a pack in every size!! I just love them. The flourish is a Sizzix Sizzlets die.

Here is just a close up of the corner flower cluster. I tucked some flourish swirls between the flowers just as a filler. See below this post to get the fine details on how I put this whole layout together, and get the links for the stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations.
I hope you are inspired to get out those autumn colored scrappy supplies and start creating your own Autumn Splendor...
Products Used on This Project

HCPC 2293 Aztec Gold Sunflowers 2 PreCut Set
Blossom 2 Spellbinders Nestabilities
HCD 707 Autumn Splendor Die
HCPC 3334 Open Falling Leaves PreCut Se
t

Other: Sizzix Sizzlets flourish die McGill starburst punch Glimmer Mist Lindy's Starburst Mist Wilton Doily K and Company Paper Bazzill cardstock Ranger Stickles Ranger Archival Ink Black

Follow the link to my blog to get the direction on how to create the Postage Stamp Background. Color the doily using spray of your choice. I used Lindy's Starburst Spray. Position your doily and matted photo slightly off center as shown. Die cut and stamp your leaves in black on white card stock and spray with the desired colors. Stamp and die cut various sizes of the flowers in your desired color card stock, enhance with color sprays and layer then staggering the petals for a full look. Crunch the flowers slightly for dimension. Punch 6-7 Starburst layers for each flower, Adhere each layer by placing a dot of glue in the middle of each layer. When the layers are dry, scrunch the layers upward to form the middles of each flower. Adhere each to a flower middle. Using Ranger Stickles, outline the edges of the flower petals. For the title, I used my tutorial on the Faux Scrabble Letters. I die cut the flourishes. Arrange your flowers and leaves in clusters as shown and then tuck your flourishes in between the clusters.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! How are you?

    Well summer, summer, summer isnt ALL bad is it? LOL! But i know what you mean. Gorgeous pic and FANTASTIC layout yet again. Love it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень красиво, и как всегда, очень изобретательно! Замечательные цветы.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa...another gorgeous creation. Here in SA spring has sprung and the weather heating up is making me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so beautiful.. i love those flowers, they really light up the layout.. always love coming by here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect fall page, your flowers are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, your fall flowers and leaves are stunning! I love your layout, you are just so creative!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...I look forward to Wednesday's to see your beautiful creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo Beautiful, your daughter and the layout! I do love the colors and I'm addicted to your flower making thanks so much for always sharing the tutorials with us! And from someone who lives in upstate NY our low tonight is going to be in the 30s, our Autumn only lasts it seems like a month and then we are on to winter which I can't stand lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is absolutely gorgeous and I know what you mean about summer, summer and some more summer! I live in FL too and wish I could see the leaves changing and a bit of snow from time to time. I usually don't comment on our blog but do know that every Wednesday, i come to the computer straight to your blog because I want to see what you came up for Heartfelt Creations! Love your work!
    ~Amarilys

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Just stunning! Love the colors and your flowers are fab....as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this on the Heartfelt Creations blog and I wanted to tell you that I think it's stunning! All the various elements on the layout are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous page, Lisa! I love the rich colors and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous details, as always! Your page is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LISA! Love those new blooms!!! And I love that page! The colors are just awesome! Your work is always inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am never disappointed when I visit here! This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lisa,
    What a beautiful warm colors. The layout compliments the picture, beautiful flowers.
    xoxo Carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa,

    This lo is absolutely stunning! The flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa, you never cease to AMAZE me with your CREATIVITY! ....Patty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous flowers, as usual! The layout (and your pretty daughter) just glows... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lisa you make such stunning blooms for your gorgeous page. So delightfully crafty. Gorgeous creating.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the new layout and love new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lisa, I love this LO to bits! My Fave season. The colors pop! The flowers are the bomb as always!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!