Sunday, October 9, 2011

**Blessings** OUAS and Swirlydoos Round Robin

Sometimes, people cross your path in life, and you wonder why. I believe that God just wants to send you a dose of daily blessings. This is my dear Swirly friend Jennifer. She keeps us laughing with the adventures of Escape Kitty, she teaches us to keep the earth friendly with her use of recycled material in her scrapping, she always has a kind word to say, and she is terrific company on a Photoshoot!!! She is really a dose of blessing in my day.
This is also my Noteworthy thought I had this week and thought it perfect for the Once Upon A Sketch Challenge. I thought about all of the people who make me smile every day. An event that happens all the time. They are just a dose of daily blessings.
I am also leading my team at Swirlydoos in this months Round Robin, and this is my entry. I love Round Robin. The challenge is always wonderful. The twist this time is to use something at least a year old..That would be my K and Company paper. Thank You Peggy, for another wonderful challenge!!

The October 1st "Once Upon A Time" Sketch...
I used Spellbinders Sunflower Dies to create the Passion Flower Daisies.I painted Dusty Attic with Shimmers paint.

The leaves are a beautiful Stamp and Die from Heartfelt Creations. I used Glimmer Mist and Lindy's Spray on them for color shine and shimmer.


I did some quilling. These are bleeding hearts.


Here is a file for the butterflies I used on this layout. They are perfect for your Fall layouts. Just left click on the image to make it bigger, then left ckick and save to your computer, print on 5x7 cardstock. After you cut them out, rubbing on a little Rock Candy Stickles brings out the color in them.

21 comments:

  1. Love all of your amazing detail work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LISA! This is stunning! LOVE this! Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS, your take on the sketch is just gorgeous, and your blooms are so pretty (as always) and this color combination is so striking! Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful layout. I am so in awe of your beautiful hand crafted flowers!
    Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!Lisa, this is very,very beautiful. Amazing flowers and a really true poem. I can't wait to see your next projects. WOW!
    XOXO Carla one of unnie scrap ladies

    ReplyDelete
  5. those colours are so rich and beautiful ....love the chippie and all the elements are totally awesome ... thanks for playing with us ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page, Lisa. Love your flowers. And love that you have scrapped what is important in your everyday life. I too love Escape Kitty and think Jennifer is awewsome. Many thanks for the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous colors you have chosen, Lisa....and I love the quilling....you always go the "extra mile"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! What a feast to the eyes!!! I love your layout! The fall colors, the quilling, the flowers!!! Spectacular!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layout!...love the colours and the journalling!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzers! The colors are so vivid ...this page just jumps out at the gallery! Love your work! thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is just beautiful! Love the colors and all those gorgeous flowers! Ths. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya
    I have been blog hopping and came across your Blog. I like the style of your crafting. Was wondering if you would like to apply to become a DT member for www.Itsacreativeworld.co.uk unfortunately we do not pay or send stash but are simply a friendly blog that inspire other crafters and it's good advertising too. We only ask you have to post twice a month atm. please email rainbow_poppy@hotmail.co.uk if interested
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Lisa,
    Beautiful, love the quilling! Thanks for the butterflies love them. Congrats! You are one of my winners, can you email me your address? I know I have it somewhere but it you could just email it to me, I'll get your goodies out to you.
    Hugz,
    Zandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful layout with such a tender quote.. i love it.. and all the details are gorgeous.. the quilling is stunning.. a really lovely layout..

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, this is absolutely gorgeous Lisa! love the flowers!!!
    I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such wonderful encouragement. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous Lisa wow! love those flowers and quilling and the colors are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colors on this beautiful lo are just stunning as is your every detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa your take on this sketch is stunning! Love all the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your work is spectacular as always. What beautiful color, flowers and the quilling. I have never seen it before. You are always so generous do u have a tutorial on quilling. I don't know how I got here but glad I found your blog. I also love Jen and her humor and Escape Kitty. When I read her posts I get so involved in her stories. I am not sure what OUAS means but I am coming back next month of check out your stuff. I know there will be something that will inspire me. Most of all ty for your generous and kind spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lisa there's so much depth in this from the colors to your creativity to that lovely pic of Jen. It's so gorgeous. You've inspired me to get out my quilling stuff.
    Beautiful lo. Thanks for joining in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lisa, thank you for playing along at OUAS! your layout is simple amazing, my friend! ~gerry~

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!