Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lindys Stamp Gang November Colors Blog Post


http://blog.lindystampgang.com/color-challenge-info/

I wont get to lengthy in words as this post is photo heavy.  I love to create mini albums. I wanted to use neutral colored paper on this one so that no matter what colors I used, it would all shine through. I love how Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and embossing powders can be used on so many types of materials. Just on the cover of this mini, I used embossing powders and sprays on fabric, wood, paper, and  metal. With beautiful coverage. The November Color Challenge Colors this month are rich, warm and wonderful!! Before  and after I adorned the cover, I sprayed it with A bit O' Bubbly Starburst Spray. That was my base.


For the dollar store frame, (yup $1.00) I removed the backing so that it lay flat on the surface of my cover. I then heat embossed Twilight Blue Silver all over it. I topped it with Tainted Love Teal Starburst spray  and let it settle in the grooves. It gave it kind of  a patina Finish. The wood dragonfly and NOTED word were sprayed with  Red Hot Poker Orange Starburst Spray. All of the flowers were also spayed with  the Red Hot Poker Orange Starburst Spray and A bit O' Bubbly.    


 It is difficult to see in the pictures but I heat embossed Queen Sheba Silver on the edges of the pages. I also heat embossed the clips and charm to match using the same color. 


I created the closure by heat embossing some Tim holtz metal clips with Queen Sheba Silver , attached  a chain (Joanns Fabrics find in the trim isle) with some jump rings and hung  a Prima trinket.


I used Primas Cartographer A4 paper pack. I did use a few pieces from Romance Novel 6x6 paper pack. This is the back of my mini.


For the spine, I adhered some white rose fabric trim (Joanns)  using hot glue. Then I sprayed it with A bit O' Bubbly Starburst Spray. Then just dabbed some Red Hot Poker Orange Starburst Spray here and there. My album  was inspired by Frank Garcias Boheme III mini album for Prima Live. Frank is the designer for the Cartographer line.


I had been hoarding this Prima vine forever. It was a cream color before I sprayed it with Red Hot Poker Orange Starburst Spray. I tucked a few additional flowers in and round the vine.


I wont comment on each page, but I will say the tags, pockets and sliders were all created from the scraps I had after cutting the papers for my pages.


 I created this little slider for pictures or journaling. It is held together loosely with  brad so that it slides out easily.


Here is  closeup of my waterfall feature. You can use it for journaling or pictures.

Thank you for joining me. I hope that you are inspired to use your Lindys products on a variety of materials. Don't forget to join us for our November Color Challenge this month. as you can see the colors are fantastic!!  Grab yourself  the  November Color Challenge MEGA Set.
You will be inspired.
xo
Lisa

5 comments:

  1. what an amazing mini album Lisa! I can see bits of Frank's beautiful clustering style there but you've made it yours with the gorgeous use of colours. My favourite bit will have to be the TH chain that you used to lock the covers together and you heat embossed that as well. Wonderful work, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks spectacular! I love the cover with those colors and flowers and the detail on each page is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The technique on the frame is awesome :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous album, love your flowers. I just found your blog via Pinterest and have enjoyed looking at your beautiful art. You sure have a way with die cut flowers, love them:) Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do such fabulous mini albums Lisa. This one is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!