Tuesday, November 4, 2014

2 Layouts and a Gatefold album by Lisa Gregory

Welcome  to November! That  means 3 more designs from me to inspire you from Blue Fern Studios.

For this first layout, I was in a purple kind of mood. I used Ombre Dreams paper in  Joyces Dream. I loved the purple and blue tones in the paper. I did a little masking with molding paste and chose sprays to enhance the colors. I mounted the paper on a piece of corrugated cardboard and did some distressing  around the edges.



Surrounding the photo I used Tattered Diamond Bits chipboard that were sprayed with spray in 2 colors. I also took apart the Organic Vine chipboard and used it in 2 places on the layout.


I took 1 piece from the Gingers Poppies Set and used embossing powder on it. Then I sprayed it with spray for added color and shimmer.


 I tucked some of the Tattered Diamond Bits in between the paper and cardboard in my peekaboo spots around the edges.


For my next layout I wanted to go for the golden theme of Autumn. I used the Montage Collection in Invitation.


I heat embossed gold embossing powder on the Royal Monarchs butterfly. Then I used some German Gold Glass glitter on spots of the wings. Once it was set. I glued on some rhinestones in different colors. It looks like jeweled brooch. This brooch was my inspiration. I didn't want to distract from the beautiful intricate details of the Monarch butterfly, so I only added a few rhinestones.

 I treated the Treasured Floral Frame  the same as in the butterfly.


I heat embossed the Blessings chipboard from the Spiritually Speaking set. 


This next project is a 6x6  Gate Fold album. I found I could use the word cutouts on the inside along with some room for journaling, or photos, or both!

I used the Blue Fern Garden paper collection in Boudoir for the front, back and inside covers.
I am not happy with my plain cover at all...This one will be a redo!!!



The inside tiers were made from a variety of tags, small pictures and wording  from Ombre Dreams and Montage.


 I created 3 tiers to the Gate Fold album. There is plenty of room to add pictures and journaling.


 The backs of each section would be perfect to place small photos.


I added a small clasp closure to keep the album closed. The Spring Frame was heat embossed using  embossing powder. There is a gold undertone that simply shimmers in the powders and the coverage on chip board is amazing!


Thank You for joining me today for my Blue Fern Studios November Blog post. I hope you visit us often as the Design Team always has gorgeous inspiration for you. Don't forget our Sketch Challenge as well as the arrival of the new Blue Fern Studios paper collection "Sanctuary"!! We are very excited!!
 xoxo
 http://bluefernstudios.blogspot.com/2014/11/november-welcome-and-sketch.html

 Here is the gorgeous new collection "Sanctuary"
coming soon!
 

5 comments:

  1. WOW! such stunning creations! Love them all...especially the lavender one! Purple is one of my fave colors. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a very beautiful, beautiful mess!! And I enjoy it. Creatieve groetjes, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! So many beautiful projects Lisa!! Your layouts are so eye-catching with those brilliant colors and love what you did with the butterfly chippie, it does look like a piece of jewellery. And the gatefold card...divine!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! The colors you use are exquisite and the details are amazing! Beautiful creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, Beautiful layouts. Can you tell me what product you used on the Blessings layout for the leaves? thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!