Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Creating a Faux Canvas Background by Lisa Gregory


Good morning my Lindy's Stamp Gang Lovers!! Here I am with another layout using this months colors from the November Color Challenge. For this page I created a faux canvas. I started out by mounting a piece of 12x12 white card stock onto 12x12 corrugated cardboard. I ripped up and wrinkled some Tim Holtz tissue paper and used Mod Podge to adhere it to the base I created. Once it was dry, I mixed  a little clear gesso with white gesso and painted my whole background, adhering the papers down and in place. This created my canvas for the gorgeous Lindys color. I stamped the background using a  mask and used  some soft charcoal ink, then I used the same mask with some texture paste randomly over the background. Using the sprays in the Limited Edition Color Challenge Mega Set. I sprayed parts of my background with water then immediately sprayed the colors over it letting it drip over the textured parts. I used a small paintbrush and painted in some of the color.I lso used the same paintbrush to create the spatters on the page.


 The leaves in the floral cluster were pulled off of a silk plant bush and I sprayed them with Frosty Forest Green and Brushed Nickle Starburst Spray.


 I ripped up some Bo Bunny paper from the Rose Cafe collection I had left over from a project, edged them with Sweet Violet Purple Teal and a Bit O Bubbly, then mounted them onto my prepared surface using corrugated cardboard underneath for depth.The Blue Fern Studios chipboard from the Lyering Stems set was heat embossed with aurora amethyst, then spayed lightly with Sweet Violet Purple Teal to get some of that shimmery blue on there.


My flowers were a lighter shade of lavender to start with. Once I sprayed them with Sweet Violet Purple Teal, the color changed to a rich plum with blue highlights. The smaller hydrangea flowers were baby blue, and I sprayed them with Tainted Love Teal. The color soaked into the veins of the flower which bought out the texture. Simply beautiful.
 

 Here is  close up of the textured background. I adhered a few jewels here and there on the background for  a little sparkle.


The Blue Fern Studios Vernda Cage set birdcage was simply sprayed with a Bit O Bubbly.


The Blue Fern Studios word adore from the adore, love cherish set chipboard was sprayed with Sweet Purple Violet Teal.


Thank you for joining me this month. I hope you have been inspired to pull out some color and create a masterpiece!!! Picasso has nothing on us scrappers!!! Don't forget to join us for the November Color Challenge.You have until the 30th to get your entry in!!
XOXO
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautifully colorful LO! Your daughter makes a perfect model - she is not only beautiful, but she wears some pretty colors : ). I really, really LOVE this LO. Reading the details of your process makes me realize how much work went into this. LSG sprays really do produce phenomenal effects. Gorgeous LO! Have a great day & wonderful Thanksgiving, Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful.. really love the colors..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say YUMMIE!! glorious glorious colours, I particularly love that rich plum shade! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!