Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Swirlydoos ***Grandma's Garden*** Reveal for May

The Swirlydoos May collection, Grandma’s Garden is a beautiful collection so named for its subtle colors, softness, grace, and elegance. A perfect blending of paper and embellishments hand chosen to honor the Grandmothers, Mothers, and precious daughters (and sons) who’ve touched our lives, and made us all who we are today. Swirlydoos invites you to take time this month to create a project in honor of these special people in your lives. Creativity abounds in this jewel tone collection, and we’re excited to see how you transform this collection into your own beautiful piece of art! We have also assembled a fine collection of add-on kits that compliment our main kit beautifully. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy the inspirational collection that we have thoughtfully prepared for you this month.

And I hope that you enjoy the LO's that I have prepared with this gorgeous kit.
The first LO is of my husband and my wedding rings sitting on top of a page in the bible In Genesis, where God created Eve for Adam so that he wouldn't be alone. . The journaling is from one of my favorite book...The Notebook. There are so many memorable quotes in the book. This is just one.

The book plate is part of the new Alterations die "Tag and Bookplates". I love it. I added the eyelets with my cropadile.
The flowers are the Swirly Hibiscus Flowers. I have a photo tutorial as well as a Ustream Video on creating them. The middle of the big one is a Petaloo Flower from the kit.
The tag was die cut from the flower package backing. Alterations Tag and Bookplate is a wonderful new die from Sizzix. Tim Holtz created it. Gotta go green!! I created the strips of words in Microsoft Word, then cut and inked them up before assembling them on the tag.
I stamped the lace stamp around the page, and die cut another fab Alterations die, topped it with a heart and flower.


This LO is my daughter Gabbie who believes in fairytales and happy endings. And also believes you can do anything your heart desires. And beat any obstacles that get in your way. She is living proof that you can achieve all. She is living her dream.

And here is my LO for the challenge. Laced with Grace is one of my favorite lines from Glitz!!

The butterflies can be found at Swirlydoos. I create files for each kit to download and print out then decorate as you wish. Just a touch of Stickles on this one.
I punched and wove some ribbon through the Petaloo frame. I colored it with Glimmer Mist first. The title comes from the tiny letter stickers in the kit.
I punched the tiny flowers to place along the leaf vine. Love the Martha Stewart Garden Gate punch. I wish it had a corner punch to go with it. The smaller edge punch is from Fiskars.

A great Scrap booking friend BarbG, sent me a wonderful Alterations die!! I LOVE it!! It has 2 different shapes on it from the movers and shakers line!! Thanks Barb!! I have the best scrap friends. They are so generous!! Barb also sent me more Timmy goodies in the package she mailed to me, so as a Thank You, I die cut a bunch of chipboard using a lot of my Timmy dies and mailed them to her today. !! Including the one she sent me!! I journaled on a smaller piece of paper, matted it, cut it out and placed it on the die cut label.
The next LO is of my son reading. He is currently writing a science fiction book. A few years in the making, but he is determined to write this novel. It is pretty interesting. Anyway, he loves to read.


Just a cluster of flowers. I punched the smaller ones, and you can see the cute bee that is part of the butterfly file I created for the kit. Visit Swirlydoos to download.
This is the other die cut shape in the die that Barb sent me. I put some eyelets in it to give it a more manly feel. Like rivets.
I was never a fan of banners, but I find I am liking them more. I altered the Dusty Attic Clock frame(not in the kit) with the smooch paint in the add on embellishment kit. It is amazing how Krissy creates the add ons to compliment the main kit.They are always packed with the best embellies! I also did a little sewing around the page.
The other 2 layouts I dd with the kit can be seen in the next couple of posts. Still working on a few more. Thanks for looking and always sharing the love!!

11 comments:

  1. wow.. a big thank you.. not only are you one of the worlds best scrappers i think, but you share all your tips and techniques for all us to know.. that really is a sign of a genuine teacher who delights on sharing this craft called scrap booking! thank you.. amazing layouts once again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic!!!! Your son is very good looking..........let us know when he's published!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Lisa!! I love the kit..the colors are amazing and you've rocked it once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layouts with the Swirly Kit!!! Enjoyed you on UStream this past weekend:) You're so funny!!! I loved Papa coming in :) Thanks for all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm becoming a big fan of your layout. They are just stunning. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Never cease to amaze me. WONDERFUL stunning layouts. Well done. Cannot wait to start playing with my kit. I only got it yesterday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing layouts!!! So many beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I visit you beautiful blog I am inspired to create. Stunning work Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...all of your layouts are wonderful!! Loving what you have done with the Laced with Grace collection!! Thanks for playing in the "Get Your Glitz On" Clustering challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! These layouts are GORGEOUS!

    I'm your neswest follower and I hope you'll be mine too!

    Creative blessings,
    Brynn
    www.flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning! Loved all the lo's. You really rock!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!